Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

low toque down low?

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
AMEN andyman. Finally someone with the knowledge/experience and not just another 17yr old "I just got my license and first VN-VT gonna pwn yo ass" boy racer. ****, as it stands, this dude in a VZ 175 wagon being a twat tailgating people n **** up westcoast highway the other day and finally got next to me at a set of lights, CHOPPED him before we even got to the other side of the lights and pulled into his lane because of traffic on the left. Yeah, you tell me you're 10+ year old car unmodified has a hope in hell of keeping up with something that gives 10yr old V8's a hard run and I'll laugh you off the forums :) I'm not that much of a cynic, I am just sick of hearing the bullshit heh.

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
I'm a 18 year old first time owner of a VZ 190, but I don't race. Sure I may try and takeoff from the lights fast, but only because it feels completely different to my grandma's Hyundai.

Riding in a 4 cylinder for the past 11 years really puts the power of my car into perspective. I mean, I still feel like I'm getting pushed back into my seat. And its totally stock.

Can't wait to Exhaust and Tune it.

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Nicely said :) having the experience is always a plus when comparing cars/take off speeds/power etc. I had a VL V8 back in the day and I thought THEY were fast. The SV6 is actually faster heh. My wife gives me stick sometimes because I'll deliberately floor it and watch her head bob back and forth coz she sits so loose in her seat hahaha.

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Sure they dont have the low down torque of a Ecotec motor but I think the alloytec motor are much funner to drive you just have to no how to drive them ahaha and where the usuable power is.. I have a mate who has a VY S Pac ute with CAI, exhaust and few other lil peices and of the line he pulled but it had no hope once we were up and goin the alloytec hammers all the way to redline whereeas ecotec runs out of puff... Even had a worked VT 5 L worried .. these alloytecs deserve some respect :thumbsup:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
I totally agree. Had a V8 VK grp A lookin car pull up next to me on the way home from a friends place one morning in kingsly jumping onto the freeway south, both sitting in the turning lane to turn right onto fwy south and he's on my left. He pulls up, I had the missus in the car and some gear in the boot. He was a young bloke, hat low, boy racer seat possy and mate in the passenger. Anywho, light goes green and I am around the corner and up the road to 100 and onto the freeway so fast that by the time he catches up and does his loser fly by (which seemed to take forever) I was nearly at the next fwy turnoff already cruising.

On a side note, was driving northbound on Stirling highway last night just past the queens st intersection and what did I see parked a the lights heading southbound? brand new white R35 GTR. Needless to say ......

jizz.gif

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
thanx for all the replys everyone, like i said im not after wheel spin off the mark just seems the throttle is a bit "heavier" then the old vt from take off, but i must admit once up and going it hammers...only given it a squirt a few times but fairly imprssed for a stock "family car" just cant wait to start spending money on it haha

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Yer mate get an exhuast, mcai etc etc and a tune.. Or at least do the mcai/two hole mod it gets rid of electric car noise and gives it a deepish roar when throttle opens up.. I was goin to get tune but car of road at the moment and contemplating a Raptor charger so will make my mind up on that first other wise tune would be a waste of money..

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Current (and VZ) engine management systems are designed to reduce power if it senses ABUSE MODE in order to protect transmissions etc.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
hate making **** money haha...wanna do so much but savings is only coming slow...think i will be buying some rims and lowering before cai and exhaust, i been looking around and i think i like your ve ssv's the best OBRIEN seen a set on ebay go needing new tyres for $865...also waiting for krudd to stimulate me which will stimulate my savings a fair bit haha

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Hence why you get it tuned so it wont :D