Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering My Commodore

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
About 2 months ago I put super low rear king springs in my 1990 Vn wagon. I think they've settled by now as the car is noticeably a little lower than stock. I want to go lower and am thinking of going a set of springs lower. However I have a pair of MONROE GT GAS LOWERED REAR SHOCKS that i haven't yet put in my VN with its king springs. if the Monroes make it sit just that little bit lower ill be happy and won't need new springs...will this be the case if i put the shortened shocks in???

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive series 1 v6 1989
shortened shocks dont make your car lower, they just trap the spring in so it doesnt fall out... i have the same problem with my vn it has ultra lows, and i thought it would sit alot lower than what it does. if your really keen on lowering it more take out the rubber spring seats. its dirty but will give you about another half an inch lower.

bm_style

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
shockers do not adjust the height of a ride, springs do, get lower springs & you need to have matching shocks depending on the spring load or else your shocks wont last long, they will leak eventually.