Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VS costs and looks

fod8u

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
do you know what the lowest legals are? ssl? sssl?

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Phoned up Pedders and got a quote on some 'Low Pedders' rear springs with fitting price. It'll cost $245 for the springs and fit, but if i bring my own springs they will put them on for $70.

Not too bad i think. I only need the back lowered, damn thing is sitting 70mm off the tyre 0_o

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
A set of springs will cost you about $135 from repco. so $270 all round.. You can get kits from Autobahn for about $650~ which include the Monroe GT Sport suspensions kit as well. I have SL's on mine and dropped it about 2 1/2 inch. And its a great ride height. Sitting just on top on the wheel on the rears and a tad above on the fronts. it keeps it flat and straight having the same springs all round. I would recommend saving the extra bit and getting the suspension as well. Just improves the ride quality and makes it less 'bouncy'....

Hope this helps

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
Awh and the legal ride height is a coke can standing up. Ultra lows on the rear and SL's on the front gives a legal height. HOWEVER be prepared to be pulled up a lot. UL's tend to attract heat.

low vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS V6,98 VT 5.0 CLUBSPORT,VS V8 UTE 5 SPEED
I put the ssl king springs in the back of mine. Droped it 3 inch so the tyre sits at the wheel well. Really good to drive. Dosent scrub out much.
My mate has ultra lows and hates it. It scrapes on everything and is a real nuisance.

Can't help you on price. I got mine 2nd hand from a mate.

i got ultra lows shortenshocks does not scrape what so ever

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
100mm? I've always been told a coke can... A coke can is close to 100mm.... Thanks for that anyway.