Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VS Ute

Lachlan3491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Glad to hear you chose Lovells. You won't be disappointed I don't think. Not sure how you will get on with standard shocks on shorter springs though. KYB rears can be run with standard and FE2 springs as they are a medium length. KYBs will improve the ride quality over stock Monroes.
I have kybs in the front but they are for the stock hight and not a clue what is in the back

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
super lows from lovells came in today, just finished installing them car is sitting nicely still got stock ride hight shocks
Is this in the rear? What is stopping the springs falling out when the suspension goes into full droop say you drive over a pot hole what stops the spring falling out? Maybe get some shorter shocks. If you jack the rear from the factory jacking point does the spring fall out.

Lachlan3491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Is this in the rear? What is stopping the springs falling out when the suspension goes into full droop say you drive over a pot hole what stops the spring falling out? Maybe get some shorter shocks. If you jack the rear from the factory jacking point does the spring fall out.
Nah they stay in at full droop I made sure of that before I dropped the car then hit a bump checked and they did not move

Lachlan3491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Here is the finished product
041E22E3-DAAC-4542-9B8E-2485DB0614AB.jpeg

Lachlan3491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Last step done completed my Wheel alignment
The camber adjustment points didn’t fix it hence why it’s slightly out
8B848C89-9562-4521-97B1-8A766C7A8A8B.jpeg

Lachlan3491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
You said you got super low, but that looks like the height of sports low.
View attachment 233778
Nah they are supers dropped the car around 65mm and before putting the springs in I matched the parts number and it says super lows, the photo was taken the morning after I did them so it will sink down when they wear in I suppose