Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Conversion

luxury motoring

Reaction score
Members Ride
vscalais
queensland conversion prices

Anyone know where to get a gas conversion done in queensland for around the 2500-2700 mark. I have rung around for a few quotes and have not been quoted under $2950. As for an impco system that was $3180. It seems strange that everyone in the southern states can get conversions done for around $500 less than what ive been quoted up here. Im on the northside of brisbane but will take car across town if its going to save me $500. this is on a vs calais v6

VRcommondoor

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stock VR 3.8V6 (Petrol/Gas)
There are a couple of different LPG systems.

The standard is a mixer system, where gas is injected into the air intake pipe... Its cheap and effective but it has draw backs. Firstly, the flow of gas to each cylinder isnt even... So some get too much, some not enough. It results in poorer economy and your engine wont last as long.

The second system is a gas injection system, where basically the gas is converted from a liquid to gas form and then sent through your fuel rail and through special injectors. This results in more power than petrol, give better economy and is better for your engine.

The best system is liquid injection... where gas is sent to the injectors as a liquid and then converted into gas by the injector. This is advantageous as it means much lower injection temps (suited to forced induction). Also doesnt require a heat converter meaning easier starts. It is the most expensive though.

There are a couple of ways of doing it though... As V6 Commodore engines are very very cheap, its a good idea to use the standard mixer system, then when your engine dies simply change it over (even better if you can do it yourself).

Im seriously considering using the gas injection system (which costs around $3500) as there is no loss of power, it completely replaces the fuel system (so fuel tank/pump can be removed) and should last a lot longer.

If you remove the fuel system, you can often put a gas tank in its place, so you dont lose boot space.

I have recently bought a VR that already has an LPG system installed. How do i tell what kind of system it is? All I know is that it when i push a button it switches to gas/petrol and i can use either.

Also, are there any kinds of modifications i should not be doing with a gas setup? eg. cold air intake, pod filter, larger exhaust etc.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
y put a V8 on gas???y dont u just sell up and get a more economical car?

theperthvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Our VS was done and it is good. I got just beaten dragging a VL if that means anything (in gas). And gas is CHEAP.
Why do you have to pay? The Fed government paid 2000 and the state paid 1000 (or vice versa) so it was 100% free.

kezvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnexecutive wagon
wagon going great its getting about 6ks per litre of gas down on torque but its the family wagon saved about 200 so far the company that did my conversion is called first class taxis at burleigh heads here on the gold coast wagon cost 2800 i got 2000 back from the gov my l300 mitsubishi van cost 2600 i got 2000 back from the gov already got my money back from the conversion in saveings so do it you all wont be sorry also the oil looks like brand new hasnt gone black from the carbon change plugs a bit more offen as the newer the spark plugs the better you go and more money you save it gas prices here on the coast are 70 cents for gas fuel 169 so im saveing 110 per litre just happy to be saveing fair bit of money every time i fill up i just have to have 1/4 tank of fuel in car to start car as it starts on ulp then changes over to lpg straight away as motor starts

kezvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnexecutive wagon
kezvn

Anyone know where to get a gas conversion done in queensland for around the 2500-2700 mark. I have rung around for a few quotes and have not been quoted under $2950. As for an impco system that was $3180. It seems strange that everyone in the southern states can get conversions done for around $500 less than what ive been quoted up here. Im on the northside of brisbane but will take car across town if its going to save me $500. this is on a vs calais v6

a company here on the gold coast called first class taxis did my conversion they do taxis all the time and so they know the bset system to use ring them also i dont work for them just a happy customer cheers my system cost 2800 for our wagon with a donut tank in it sedans cost less we got 2000 back saveing 110 persent for every litre of gas we buy atm

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
i got my VP 5 litre wagon converted to dual fuel with an impco mixer setup. was converted at AG Autogas in Lilydale, VIC. it cost $3050... so after the 2k rebate it cost me $1050. donut tank where spare tyre went, and spare mounted upright in the back. it runs very well on both fuels, and i'm saving a small fortune. i'm getting about 14L/100km on LPG around town, and 11-12L/100km on the highway. it has slightly better performance on petrol than LPG, but that is expected with a mixer setup. its only really noticable when you really give it the boot.

-James

Last edited:

Mrute

Unleash the torque
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III 5ltr 5spd Ute
Anyone know where we can get liquid injection at??

blownba

Reaction score
but I am booked till mid october/ november.