Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] LS1 Cam Install

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Usually you send them your computer, and they will plug in a tune that they have sitting there based on the specs that you provide. So the tune wont be 100% "spot on". But there are plenty of people getting around calling themselves "tuners" who cant even get mixtures right when the car is on the dyno infront of them.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
No a remote tune is different from above. Steve from Oztrack sends you a autocal device which hooks up to your car via your laptop.

You basically drive whilst Steve is tuning your car remotely. It is repeated several times until its right, just as good as a dyno tune but cheaper.

Only reason people jump in the dyno is so they can have that printout of power figures which is what I want.

Sabbath is probably referring to a mail order tune which I don't really like as its just a preset base tune.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
With Oztrack they can send you a plug in so then they remotely tune the car while the ECU is still in the car, just contact them.
They also do a mail order tune where they do a ECU swap over.

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
You basically drive whilst Steve is tuning your car remotely. It is repeated several times until its right, just as good as a dyno tune but cheaper.

Only reason people jump in the dyno is so they can have that printout of power figures which is what I want.

Not quite, the reason you want to jump on a dyno is because chances are you wont be racing your car around hitting 6500rpm with the remote tuner plugged in and therefore it wont be setup exactly right in the high rpm range.

Dont get me wrong, im all for street tuned cars as it replicates everyday driving but if you ever go to race it down the strip and didnt do so with the tuner recording the run you could have poor results or risk damage.

if i was to personally have a car remote tuned i would make sure to do some serious runs in it with the tuner plugged in to cover a wider range of data logging. Having said that, the first thing people tend to do with a new cam is push the car anyway.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
You have to break the law to road tune properly . unless you have access to a race track, LONG private road or they bring back open speed limits in the NT. ;)