Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 quarter mile times.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
X-Air airbox
twin 2.5 to single 3 inch exhaust - catless
Headers
Tune

12.59 is a great time, my brothers VE SS ran 12.6 and that thing is a rocket!

In your case diff gears would be my next thing. They make a huge difference to the off the line times. Not sure if you have a LSD, but after diff gears you will really need it.

What ratio you pick is open for debate. From a stock 3.07 (I think you have an A4?) all changes will make a good improvement, but the more aggressive the gears the more aggressive the acceleration.
From 3.07 To {in brackets will be revs at 100km/hr} (1790 rpm)
3.46 - this is a common upgrade to to being able to get diffs from manuals easily with this ratio. But I would not go here. (2017 rpm)
3.73 - good upgrade, nice balance of city and country driving. My pick if you are going to add a high stall to the combination. (2175 rpm)
3.91 - another great upgrade, a bit more revs but a bit more acceleration. (2280 rpm)
4.11 - the extreme upgrade, mainly if you want excellent off the line, but can be a bit revvy at 110km/hr. This is what I run. (2396 rpm) A good way to get a feel for this is lock the auto in 3rd and go for a drive.

Tyres, especially after the diff ratio you will need something more sticky. I have Toyo Teo Plus and Maxxis MA-V1 which were both hopeless. I like the Kumho ku31 and the new replacement ku39 (LE Sport)

For comparisons (to see differences for the difference in our times)
I'm not sure how good the X-air boxes are, I run a Duspeed OTRCAI
I think there would be a bit of improvement going to a full twin 2.5". I run a free flowing twin 2.5". A single 3" is about 70% the cross sectional area of a twin 2.5"
Headers, depending what they are, I run 1 7/8 long 4 into 1.
Tune, not sure what you have is it mafless?, I run a custom mafless tune with full logging etc via a Flashscan

edit: btw I have some details on my website qldkev.net

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
You should be able to get 0.5 sec of that. My VX has ran a 12.59 @ 111mph with bolt ons.
What are the current mods?

ok, manual? if auto what size stall?, and diff gears.

IMO a 2500-3000 stall or manual, 3.9s mafless full exhaust, thought out rear suspension set up could net that time or lower, with no cam.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
X-Air airbox
twin 2.5 to single 3 inch exhaust - catless
Headers
Tune
How can I get 0.5 sec off

That is a good time for those mods and a 3.07:1 ratio. what outside temp, humidity % and BP (pressure) was it at? been in NZ would help been a bit cooler, but only if its cool and dry.

3.73-3.91:1 will get you dam close to 13.00 flat, in a auto.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
ok, manual? if auto what size stall?, and diff gears.

IMO a 2500-3000 stall or manual, 3.9s mafless full exhaust, thought out rear suspension set up could net that time or lower, with no cam.

refer my post about 10'hrs before your one?

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
refer my post about 10'hrs before your one?

My post was aimed at you, did hit the rep with quote but...

anyhoo, re read that and apply it to your post of 12.59@111mph

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
That is a good time for those mods and a 3.07:1 ratio. what outside temp, humidity % and BP (pressure) was it at? been in NZ would help been a bit cooler, but only if its cool and dry.

3.73-3.91:1 will get you dam close to 13.00 flat, in a auto.

Was a coolish day maybe high teens but the sun was out and the track felt quite good. As for the rest no idea.

This was a fun day for the dirt track club so the full scoring was not going.

I have a spare LSD diff at home so I might wait and see if I can get some gears cheap.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If I posted the specs of my engine and driveline etc is anyone able to give me a rough idea of what my car would run on the 1/4?

Sure man

Anywhere between 6.0 secs and 60minutes

Too many variables