Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS2 issues

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
How can I tell the difference I’m not around the car at the moment but what are dod lifters? Can it be fixed without a rebuild?
it will be on the passenger strut tower tag plate, the dod lifters are designed to collapse for the cylinder deactivation so can be louder anyway or they do have some issues over time, LS lifters can be replaced its a heads off to get to them, best to find out which engine u have as any fix if there is an issue is very different to each engine or option u want to go
thank you so much I wish I got on here a week ago as I am on my back to work for 3 weeks but will be onto it when I return thanks everyone

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
it will be on the passenger strut tower tag plate, the dod lifters are designed to collapse for the cylinder deactivation so can be louder anyway or they do have some issues over time, LS lifters can be replaced its a heads off to get to them, best to find out which engine u have as any fix if there is an issue is very different to each engine or option u want to go
Hey sorry everyone I’ve been working for 3 weeks I’ve had a look mine is the L77 if that can help narrow down issues or make more please let me know only 1 more week at home to try and fix

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
How can I tell the difference I’m not around the car at the moment but what are dod lifters? Can it be fixed without a rebuild?
can the DOD lifters be fixed simply or is this a rebuild option I’m not keen on a rebuild

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if the lifters are an issue they can be replaced which means heads off, if u want to replace them with normal lifters u also have to do camshaft

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
if the lifters are an issue they can be replaced which means heads off, if u want to replace them with normal lifters u also have to do camshaft
I’m not sure it is the issue yet starting to do my head in

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Cylinder 5 wont be DOD lifters, only cylinders 1,7,4+6 have DOD lifters.
Lift the rocker cover and check the rockers, valve springs and pushrods.
You said #5 compression was ok?

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
Cylinder 5 wont be DOD lifters, only cylinders 1,7,4+6 have DOD lifters.
Lift the rocker cover and check the rockers, valve springs and pushrods.
You said #5 compression was ok?
im pretty sure it’s cylinder 5 3rd one from the front on the passenger side if I’m right that’s a big relief that you

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
im pretty sure it’s cylinder 5 3rd one from the front on the passenger side if I’m right that’s a big relief that you
That is a non DOD cylinder.

Wookie327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice
That is a non DOD cylinder.
so I have checked compression across the board now sitting all around 135psi I have done a noid light test changed plug/lead coil pack and still missing on that one cylinder... is there anything else I can try before lifting the rocker cover off if not what am I looking for when I do lift it off any advice greatly appreciated thank you

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
so I have checked compression across the board now sitting all around 135psi I have done a noid light test changed plug/lead coil pack and still missing on that one cylinder... is there anything else I can try before lifting the rocker cover off if not what am I looking for when I do lift it off any advice greatly appreciated thank you
Have you checked the injector resistance.
Should be around 10-13 ohms.