Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ly7 engine tuning

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
IMG_4506.jpeg

No body move. Well. You can move a little bit. But only to post replies ok!

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Yeah mate mines the red one. It's a 6 speed manual. It was $10000 for the supercharger kit, everything has been done, you name I have changed it. It's been really hard going but the power and the way it handles is worth every bit. I bought the car for $3700 and of I started with timing chain replacement I bought the timing chain the same day lol. With everything that is on it I'm into it for about $23000 I just bought staggered wheels and a w427 front bumper. If you need advice or info I'm happy to answer.
Nice car and a very interesting build... You should start a build thread on your car... Not many boosted Alloytecs around...

One question, does it keep up with other high performance cars?

Donny D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore sv6
Nice car and a very interesting build... You should start a build thread on your car... Not many boosted Alloytecs around...

One question, does it keep up with other high performance cars?
Thanks mate it's been difficult but a lot of fun. How do I start a build thread do I just label the thread that?
As far as performance it embarrasses my xr8 and my ve 6l calais, with the supercharger it just keeps on pulling and up against turbo cars they get a early advantage but once you get to 5500rpm all he'll brakes loose. Before I put the staggered wheels on I was really struggling for grip. I still have to be good with throttle or it breaks loose. The only annoying thing is with 3.9 diff gears 1st gear needs to be longer I have been holding some revs and launching in 2nd not the best thing to do but it works but I try not to do it often. The best about the v6 is the engine positioning and weight distribution it handles like its on rails compared to my v8's.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Thanks mate it's been difficult but a lot of fun. How do I start a build thread do I just label the thread that?
As far as performance it embarrasses my xr8 and my ve 6l calais, with the supercharger it just keeps on pulling and up against turbo cars they get a early advantage but once you get to 5500rpm all he'll brakes loose. Before I put the staggered wheels on I was really struggling for grip. I still have to be good with throttle or it breaks loose. The only annoying thing is with 3.9 diff gears 1st gear needs to be longer I have been holding some revs and launching in 2nd not the best thing to do but it works but I try not to do it often. The best about the v6 is the engine positioning and weight distribution it handles like its on rails compared to my v8's.
Sounds awesome, mate. Congratulations.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
As far as performance it embarrasses my xr8 and my ve 6l calais, with the supercharger it just keeps on pulling and up against turbo cars they get a early advantage but once you get to 5500rpm all he'll brakes loose.
Wow! I never thought Alloytecs were capable of doing that...Great work!

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Wow! I never thought Alloytecs were capable of doing that...Great work!
I think he is also running stock internals too, which is impressive. But you have to pick a tuner who is really knowledgeable about the alloytec

Donny D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore sv6
I think he is also running stock internals too, which is impressive. But you have to pick a tuner who is really knowledgeable about the alloytec
Yeah you are 100% right with needing the right tuner big shout out to Jamie at Forced performance. Internally I have done camshafts, timing chains, lifters and rockers. The tuner needs to really understand cam phasers.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Just out of curiosity here, why a supercharger over a turbo? Tuner preference?