Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Memcal.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hi guys,

So MACE Chip/Memcals.. worth the $150 price tag? worth it in general? noticeable gains of any sort, fuel economy stats? To note as well this particular vs exec v6 the car only has 45,600 original km's.. so I'm thinking the condition that its in maybe a good option...

Cheers in advance.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
100% worth it, substantial difference in throttle res response and much improved auto shifts, my fuel eco didn't change but considering the power improvement I was more than happy, plus it idles smother.

considering chip Torque and other company ask $300+ for the same thing it's not hard to do the math, oh yeh MACE don't want your factory chip, you keep it, every other company wants it as a change over

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Or message The1 on here, he has good feedback and can do custom setup instead of just a pre made one

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I was stoked with mine. Lived up to my expectations, but if you can get something custom for similar dollars go for it.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I believe I have a normal MACe memcal if you want one cheap
Worked a treat but I got a new one because of that larger throttle body
PM me if interested :)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
They work a treat, if you have not already done so , get the bored out throttle body and memcal tune to suit , 100% happy with my one .

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
I got one recently and definitely the thing you notice most is the response increase from the auto.
It really does change the car.
I noticed a genuine 1L/100km better fuel economy so far, and they suggest 5kw or more gain.
Worth the money in my opinion ;)

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
Got one for my vs v6 i noticed better throttle respone all round the revs. I don't use it anymore I can sell it to you, I'm in south Morang aswell

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
I have 3 memcals for mine that I have tried although its a 304 I have a mace one a chip torque one and a green foam one all are similar to use no really noticeable difference between them I have never has a standard one in the car so can't comment on improvements

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
$150 is pretty expensive for a basic "plug in" tune. For $150 you can buy the necessary gear and learn to do these tunes yourself. Theres a few guys on here who can do these tunes, including myself, so theres plenty of help available when first starting out.. Its certainly not rocket science and certainly not worth $150. I still do the odd tune now and then, I dont charge anything for it.

Last edited: