Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE Memcal.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
and whats the cost for the gear to do it your self

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
my burner cost $20.00 eraser cost about the same buy some memcals from furlec and way you go best of luck with it.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I paid around $80 for a USB eprom burner, (a GQ-4X ), and $20 for the UV eraser. You also need the tunerpro program, which is free to download and use..

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Cool thanks guys for all the feedback and offers to sell pre loved memcals. Good to know this is a good venture for it, still in the process of selling the ve until that goes will be when the fun begins.. I figured when I posted this I was bored and curious all at the same time and wanted to know the question. Hopefully the ve goes soonish so I can take up some of those offers that have been put forward to me :)

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Thought I update here if anyone was wondering, after having a chat with The1 I have ordered a Memcal from him tuned for 98ron cant wait to get my hands on it! Also having have not performed a chip swap can someone direct me to a how to guide of swapping Memcals? I believe its on the passenger side kick panel I think..

Cheers in advance.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah, oh may want to disconnect battery first
Passenger side kick panel, fairly easy to remove. Once that's off you will see the ECU thingo, pull that out and there should be a small panel with some alan (or maybe torx or hex) key bolts on it, should be on one of the big faces of the ECU.
Undo the bolts, open it up and the memcal is just in there, take it out and put in the new one, then go for a test drive :)

I'm going straight off of memory here so not sure exactly what bolts they were. Pretty sure they were six-pointed stars

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Last edited:

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Thanks guys! looks pretty straight forward, also looking into plenum spacers and manifold insulators spacers to for a bit of extra kick :) one thing at a time though...Think I have the modifying bug..

Tweetbix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Evo VI
Don't want to be the odd one out or anything, but i installed the memcal into my ute and didn't notice any difference. Was it because i needed to allow the PCM to re learn (hold 2k for 20 seconds or something like that)? I was using 98RON before and am still using 98RON and havent noticed anything.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Should notice better fuel consumption, just nicer in general to drive. Slight power increase but not noticeable