Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
If you read the first post on page 4, it explains what you can expect from the tune.
On the road, the tune makes the car feel fantastic.

How much of a diference did it make to driveability did you notice an increase in power hopefully ill be getting it done jist spoke to mace on the phone and gave me his honest opinion sounds great to.deal with

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
So for the 3l SiDi tune, could the following be done?

All the safety rev bullshit be taken off, for example when u rev in N it stopps at 4krpm, and if u put it into D u have to wait untill it rpm's down before you can start moving.

and Basicaly all the rev limiters at manual setting be removed of changed to higher rpm.

and what is the full price for normal tune drive in-dive out. and for the removal of rev limiters+ normal tune drive-in-drive-out? ( or is it only mail order?)

thnx in advance steve

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
ghost cam the 3l sidi?series 1? if possible how much?
In order :)
Yes. Power Pro Flash, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...287-mace-ve-v6-tune-review-4.html#post1959753

We can’t tune MY07 VEs at the moment unfortunately

Basically the characteristics of a lumpy cam on idle without touching the cams, given the adjustable valve timing. The fancy thing about this is that it can be controlled (switched off or on) via the cruise control.

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
All the safety rev bullshit be taken off, for example when u rev in N it stopps at 4krpm, and if u put it into D u have to wait untill it rpm's down before you can start moving.

Can I be around with a video camera the first time you drop er into drive at 7000rpm

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i dont do it on purpose i found out accidentally coz i had to break hard coz of the dumb ass infront of me randomly stamped o nthe breaks and i was close to him and **** from the back seat hit the gear stick and put it into N then i put my foot down didnt understand wat was wrong till i looked at selector and then i shanged it to d at 3K rpm just to get goin so other drivers woundt bitch and then i ended up standing till it revved down enough till i could move..... so yeah
lol no i mean just in general coz i dont like that coz im used to no rev limiters at all. and sorry for my typing my keyboard is dirty will need to clean when i get bacl from overseas
Can I be around with a video camera the first time you drop er into drive at 7000rpm

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The tune will remove that annoying rev limiter in Park or Neutral, and you can also get the rev limiter changed when in Drive, my car sounded great changing gears at 7000rpm :)

And the tune is 'mail order'

and Basicaly all the rev limiters at manual setting be removed of changed to higher rpm.

and what is the full price for normal tune drive in-dive out. and for the removal of rev limiters+ normal tune drive-in-drive-out? ( or is it only mail order?)

thnx in advance steve

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
JEEEZ thank you!!!!!

finaly another person on this forum that is helpfull :)

have you had it done? what difference do you feel?
The tune will remove that annoying rev limiter in Park or Neutral, and you can also get the rev limiter changed when in Drive, my car sounded great changing gears at 7000rpm :)

And the tune is 'mail order'

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
When I had my car tuned, I had the torque management reduced by I think, 15% when in drive, and 20% when it sports and manual mode, when it changed gears at high rpm it would chirp the rears and step out, rather scary at first, but I came to love it! :)
As I've previously said, Steve removed the rev limiter in Park and Neutral, and raised the rev limiter to 7000rpm when in gear.

The difference on the road was fantastic, throttle response was great, and it felt like it had much more go over the rev range.

I currently don't have the MACE tune on the car, but will re tune it once I've sorted out a newer CAI, I'm playing with OTRs, hopefully it works out well! :)

JEEEZ thank you!!!!!

finaly another person on this forum that is helpfull :)

have you had it done? what difference do you feel?

MACE

Reaction score

thnx in advance steve

Hey itsArthurKomar

We can remove the neutral rev limiter.

I just reread what you wanted, we don’t have the ability to circumvent the mechanisms GM put in place to prevent neutral-dropping the transmission though.

Can adjust shift / rev limits in the transmission.

What we’re offering is a remote tuning service

This is not a mail order tune. A mail order tune, is essentially a mail and forget item. What we’re offering is a tuning service tailored specifically to suit your vehicle and requirements.

This obviously requires the customer’s input through explicit instructions and road logs. The later, the supplied programmer and software does.

At the moment the service is on special for $440, including the loan of the programmer for the work.

ghost cam the 3l sidi?series 1? if possible how much?

Ghost cam is possible, same price

Cringing just thinking about that LOL

Cheers,
Steve

wildfireSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY10 SiDi Sv6 Ute
Vcm otr

Hey guys,

Just a heads up to start saving for the mace/vcm otr intake, this is currently in development but as far as the first test is concerned. Wow what a difference!
Huge increase in pickup. And that's compared to a growler setup

Cheers Mick