Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

MACE

Reaction score
That sounds promising Steve...am excited again :)
You'll have mail soon if I can keep my eyes open long enough

i want wheel spin + tire chirp :)
It's going to have to be mechanically done as we can't touch the 5 speed auto box :(

I've got a 25% reduction in torque management in sports mode and it'll chirp into second :) I wanna try a 35% reduction though lol
Hopefully with the OTR we can :D

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
You'll have mail soon if I can keep my eyes open long enough

It's going to have to be mechanically done as we can't touch the 5 speed auto box :(

Hopefully with the OTR we can :D

Thanks Steve...that feels much better. That Steve fellla is good BigJim :) Will give a good test on weekend but quick drive tonight feels like it is shifting quicker.

MACE

Reaction score
Believe me you're not the only one who thinks that :(

The 5 speed auto is a bit of an orphan box in the GM family sadly. In saying this though I dare say it's still possible for it to be mechanically tweaked in the hands of the right transmission builder

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Thanks Steve...that feels much better. That Steve fellla is good BigJim :) Will give a good test on weekend but quick drive tonight feels like it is shifting quicker.

what was changed?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
what was changed?

As Steve said in his post No. 176 he tracked down the tables for the Manual Mode and applied similar torque control reductions as the Sports Mode to my tune. Shift feels a little quicker/more aggressive now but might need a touch more though :)

MACE

Reaction score
As Steve said in his post No. 176 he tracked down the tables for the Manual Mode and applied similar torque control reductions as the Sports Mode to my tune. Shift feels a little quicker/more aggressive now but might need a touch more though :)
You'll have till you get the cam or blower in OR both :D

No stress if you can't wait a little while can get this sorted ASAP for you

Cheers,
Steve

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
What can be done with my 07 Sv6 ute?

any news on the A5 yet? and if it's still not an option does this mean you cant raise my rev limit?

also, is it possible to remove or change the power cutoff below 300rpm? I've been told that you are only given a percentage or power below this?

cheers.

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
What can be done with my 07 Sv6 ute?

any news on the A5 yet? and if it's still not an option does this mean you cant raise my rev limit?

also, is it possible to remove or change the power cutoff below 300rpm? I've been told that you are only given a percentage or power below this?

cheers.