Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Well i have my custom tune for both engine and transmission in and it certainly feels like your getting more power to the ground. Gear changes are quick and strong and now on WOT it chirps the tyres between first and second on the dry and spins easily in the wet, on stock RE050's. It does gear hunt alot, especially going up hills so i'm not real happy about that. It no longer holds first gear under WOT for an excessive amount of time like stock so i'm glad this is fixed. It also needs no where near as much gas pedal action to reach the same speeds as before, it just happens more quickly now.

That said i still have not received my new programmer i paid for nor have i received any responses from MACE for several days despite several emails to them. For the money i paid, i can't say that i am pleased with the overall transaction, in particular communication from them. How am i supposed to fine tune the custom tune if i don't receive any response from them?

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Well i have my custom tune for both engine and transmission in and it certainly feels like your getting more power to the ground. Gear changes are quick and strong and now on WOT it chirps the tyres between first and second on the dry and spins easily in the wet, on stock RE050's. It does gear hunt alot, especially going up hills so i'm not real happy about that. It no longer holds first gear under WOT for an excessive amount of time like stock so i'm glad this is fixed. It also needs no where near as much gas pedal action to reach the same speeds as before, it just happens more quickly now.

That said i still have not received my new programmer i paid for nor have i received any responses from MACE for several days despite several emails to them. For the money i paid, i can't say that i am pleased with the overall transaction, in particular communication from them. How am i supposed to fine tune the custom tune if i don't receive any response from them?

This is very odd. I have never waited more than 2 days for a response from mace. I'm sure Steve can explain but I would be getting on the phone first thing on Monday

MACE

Reaction score

Hey Greg,

I'll do the best I can to answer your questions/statements

“Well i have my custom tune for both engine and transmission in and it certainly feels like your getting more power to the ground. Gear changes are quick and strong and now on WOT it chirps the tyres between first and second on the dry and spins easily in the wet, on stock RE050's. It does gear hunt alot, especially going up hills so i'm not real happy about that.”
We’ve just supplied you just a base tune. I still need your help to get back to us with a detailed list of changes you like us to have made along with data logs to tailor the tune specifically for your vehicle

“It no longer holds first gear under WOT for an excessive amount of time like stock so i'm glad this is fixed. It also needs no where near as much gas pedal action to reach the same speeds as before, it just happens more quickly now.”
This is good

“That said i still have not received my new programmer i paid”
You have, otherwise how would have flashed your vehicle?

“for nor have i received any responses from MACE for several days despite several emails to them.”
Though it’s been 2 days, I personally don’t think that it’s good enough (definitely not the norm), however for urgent matters people are more than welcome to give us a call.

“For the money i paid, i can't say that i am pleased with the overall transaction, in particular communication from them.”
My sincere apologies for this. It’s been crazy here to say the least plus to make matters worse have been under the weather recent :(

“How am i supposed to fine tune the custom tune if i don't receive any response from them?”
People will ALWAYS get a response from us, doesn’t matter what it’s in regards to whether, it’s a weird engine conversion to a full house engine build. I ALWAYS make sure to get back to people, if their contact details are accurate or haven’t ended up lost in spam. I personally will never ignore anyone's genuine email doesn't matter how "out there" it is, as an auto enthusiast I'm always happy to help

In saying this though, we’re currently in the process of putting measures in place to offer a better level of service 24-7 :D

Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
Steve

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Steve,

Your Inbox is full, unable to send further emails.

Can you tell me what percent of torque management reduction is in the tune you sent me? I'm also running 91RON and nearly empty so will put 98RON in before logging as it looks like your tune is based around this fuel type.

Cheers.