Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mafless Tune Surprised and Disappointed!

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
I was told by a local dyno shop (he has been doing MAFless tunes for years) that removing the MAF sensor is a waste of time unless the engine has had internal mods e.g. big cam etc. With just the usual air intake and exhaust mods, and a tune he can get just as much power without removing the MAF on a stock engine.
He also said it makes it much quicker and easier to tune with the MAF left on.
Any thoughts?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I was told by a local dyno shop (he has been doing MAFless tunes for years) that removing the MAF sensor is a waste of time unless the engine has had internal mods e.g. big cam etc. With just the usual air intake and exhaust mods, and a tune he can get just as much power without removing the MAF on a stock engine.
He also said it makes it much quicker and easier to tune with the MAF left on.
Any thoughts?

You'll never get a straight answer to the MAF vs MAFless question, people will swear on their grandmother's grave on both sides that one is better than the other.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
my mates vxss got 327kw after exhaust, extractors, c.a.i and mafless tune he was pretty happy

Yeah? You got a dyno sheet to post in here?

I cant believe that, it would have to be @ the engine, not at the wheels..even then so, its still very high for such little mods.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
my mates vxss got 327kw after exhaust, extractors, c.a.i and mafless tune he was pretty happy

i find 327rwkw hard to belive from just a tune from a model that only came out with 225fwkw from the shop floor i would think 260 would be on the high end of a mfless tune (taking into account a stock engine)

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6

I cant believe that, it would have to be @ the engine, not at the wheels..even then so, its still very high for such little mods.

"happy dyno" i think :D :D

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

Even 327 at the flywheel would be alot with those mods... that would be just over 100kw extra... from a 225kw engine... un-opened...

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
He probably means HP, not KW. That's about 245kW, a bit more believable.

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
i was expecting a lot more too, especially after reading the output of other's on here with just the basic's done to them. gonna have to go for a drive up to auckland and see someone that does a lot more of them and see what they say.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
He probably means HP, not KW. That's about 245kW, a bit more believable.

Yep, I think you're on the money there...