Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAGNUM UTE - props

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
this is a limilted edition run of 240 vehicles, you guess what the intended purpose is.

I get that but does one keep it fresh for the next guy, like one does with their Mrs ?

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Each to their own.
I also have a $900 bottle of whisky I only drink on special Occasions. Certainly not my daily drinker. LOL.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I get that but does one keep it fresh for the next guy, like one does with their Mrs ?

look some people get it, they have a garage queen - op has the budget to treat a limited run car as a work hack. half his luck.

the fact that they are using them as work hacks, well it just makes the ones that remain worth even more...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It might be a Limited Edition, but its just a Holden with special decals, semi custom seats, and rear suspension tune like a Maloo.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
I've been very critical of the handling of VF utes in the past. I've had a 2015 series 2 auro redline and a 17 SS manual - both were pretty average. I had issues with noisey brakes in the 15 and cronic stiff shifts (woeful when cold even after 35,000 kms of driving) - I decided to pony up on an auto Magnum when the dealer offered me back what I paid for my 17 SS (yes, same money as I bought it for new except it had 38,000kms and was 18 months old). I have to take my hat off to the engineers that tackled the MAgnum. It's honestly like driving a sports car. Couldn't be happier with braking, suspension and steering of this beast! So finally a positive post from me. Cheers for the Magnum Holden. Love it
The biggest problem I have had is the the boss lady gave her car to my youngest son and has claimed the magnum as hers . Ohwell back to the trusty vy. Life is cruel

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
my bog standard ss goes on work sites and i hate it.

but everyone loves it and then asks why i spent that much (when they spent $20k more on a dualcab)

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
this makes me sad, it's a LE should have bought a basic one for this kind of duty.

oh well just makes them rarer i guess.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/holden-commodore-limited-edition-build-numbers-revealed
I phoned Holden the other day and got same numbers. The joy my Magnum brings to younger Holden buffs that may never afford one is worth a few more KMS imo. I was doing the rounds picking up parts last sunday (bathurst day) and the people that I visited had either never seen one in the flesh or never even knew they existed. They were totally stoked on it

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
I just bumped into a bloke driving one. He claims he bought it recently for $60,000 with 2000 km on it. So the sellers on carsales.com.au asking up to $85,590 are dreaming.