Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malaysian Airlines

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
My wife and I were in the car together when we heard this. We both felt sick.

More people die in their cars each day than the collective total of all commercial airlines deaths in the history of the world.

Yes it's tragic. Yes it's horrible. But it's a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the needless deaths in the world. It doesn't directly affect me as thankfully I know nobody on the flight so personally, it has no impact on me. I had a video of raw footage of the crash site playing at work with a few people watching it with me. It shows dead people, incl. children, and then they start flicking through passports pausing on the ID page. People were sobbing. But it just doesn't affect me like that. I'm not without emotion (I've been to Auschwitz and that was hard, I cried watching Lone Survivor), but this sort of thing (MH17) just doesn't affect me as I'm not personally impacted.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
More people die in their cars each day than the collective total of all commercial airlines deaths in the history of the world.

Yes it's tragic. Yes it's horrible. But it's a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the needless deaths in the world. It doesn't directly affect me as thankfully I know nobody on the flight so personally, it has no impact on me. I had a video of raw footage of the crash site playing at work with a few people watching it with me. It shows dead people, incl. children, and then they start flicking through passports pausing on the ID page. People were sobbing. But it just doesn't affect me like that. I'm not without emotion (I've been to Auschwitz and that was hard, I cried watching Lone Survivor), but this sort of thing (MH17) just doesn't affect me as I'm not personally impacted.

Yeah I am much the same. Yeah ok its sad, I dont get the "feeling sick" over this. More people will die from Heart Diesease today than on that plane.

What I am more interested in is the military response to this. This is going to be pretty big. There were Americans on the flight to. If the Russians were responsible - separatists or not - they will strong arm a finish to this Crimean issue.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Wow Raj you are a champion. So you are saying Auschwitz personally affected you, is that your point?
Or that this tragic loss of life pales in comparison to the oft repeated, distant story of the Jewish Holocaust?
Perhaps you could flog up some sympathy for that as comment on some of the news articles and YouTube clips online, keep the context of today's events in perspective, oi!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
It is tragic but I don't feel sick over it.

What annoyed me this morning was having the morning news show dedicated to this event, discussing it with everyone a million ways. There are other things happening in the world I would like to know about.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
There were Americans on-board. This could be quite a tense situation. Also since Putin was very dismissive in terms of any Russian accountability even though it's looking like it was Pro-Russian forces and they were in contact with Russian military forces.

In terms of direct impact to me, there is not direct connections so no impact but regardless there is an emotional impact. Sadness, empathy, concern and perspective.

I was in the car when I heard, on the train when I read about it and I sent a message to my wife saying that i love her.

Not for any reason other than events such as these show how quickly everything you know, worry about and do can be abruptly ended.

I just hope that everyone onboard was killed instantly as I cannot bare to thing about the emotions someone would have being conscious, strapped into a piece of scrap metal falling towards their death with potentially their loved one strapped in next to them.

One of my personal deepest fears is of being involved being involved in a situation such as a plane crash where there is absolutely nothing I can to do control my circumstances but and aware of the impending result.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
my question is why did the plane fly over a war zone any way , shouldn't the plane avoid the danger zone.

if they mistaken it for a military air craft , it was shot down by accident .

It was in an established commercial air route which was open at the time and was completely within it's rights to be there. That said, plenty of other airlines had diverted around the area and questions should be asked of MA senior management.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
my question is why did the plane fly over a war zone any way , shouldn't the plane avoid the danger zone.

if they mistaken it for a military air craft , it was shot down by accident .

Lol, I'll buy you a world map mate. Planes have little choice especially those that stop over in China. When my kids went over to Europe (Paris) they stopped over at Guangzhou. So you either fly over the middle east or go north over Russia, skim the Ukraine through Belarus, Poland, Germany to France.

What AS said is mostly correct, at 10 clicks you're safe from the average insurgent arsenal, but a proper military force with cash and tech can smack **** out of the park at that height easy as. It's just usually a proper military force aren't so irresponsible with their kit.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well youd be stupid to think the Russians havent just left the doors open on their arms bunker and turned around while the separatists went shopping.

They will be Russian supplied weapons IF it was them who committed it.

At the same time though, it was American (as well as Russian) supplied weapons in the middle east conflicts and they have dusted their hands off and waked away, the Russians will do the same here.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Wow Raj you are a champion. So you are saying Auschwitz personally affected you, is that your point?
Or that this tragic loss of life pales in comparison to the oft repeated, distant story of the Jewish Holocaust?
Perhaps you could flog up some sympathy for that as comment on some of the news articles and YouTube clips online, keep the context of today's events in perspective, oi!

So you completely miss my point, and the fact others share my point of view just to have a go at me? Well done!

I mentioned my visit to Auschwitz as an example of something that made me feel all sorts of emotions. Feeling sick as a result of a plane crash is not something I can relate to. Just the same as it doesn't bother me that people die of cancer.

The fact this happened the way it did is horrible. But even in terms of innocent casualties of war this event is insignificant.

The most interesting part of it from my point of view is that it was apparently deliberate. And mistake or not, worst case scenario is if America considers this an act of aggression against them by Russians (note I didn't say Russia).

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Ok, no I haven't been smoking weed, no I am not a nut bag conspiracy theorist, but, history has proven that, in some instances, when a country wants to get the public behind them to go to war they need to create anger and outrage, usually in the form of a false flag event.
E.g, The military industrial complex is a staple in the U.S diet. War keeps the economy thriving.
They would be pretty stupid to get into it with the Russians, nuclear warfare etc.
I'm not saying this has happened, just that it is a possibility that 295 people were murdered for very sinister purpose.