Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malaysian Airlines

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Yeah and 9/11 was an inside job. Man never landed on the moon. And aliens crashed at Roswell.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Yeah and 9/11 was an inside job. Man never landed on the moon. And aliens crashed at Roswell.

Yeah and the U.S didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq so they could go to war again.
Sorry for keeping an open mind.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's sad, 154 of my ilk are dead. That pisses me off more than it saddens me.

The conspiracy theorist in me suggests this was no accident but both sides could have reason for doing this. An aircraft shot down from a legitimate flight path/air corridor that was declared safe by both sides is the most likely event to bring intervention from outside (UN or NATO, being either peacekeapers or monitors etc).

To date, the only people to have shot down aircraft (that I'm aware off) have been so called Russian separatists who have shot down a number of Ukrainian helicopters as well heavy transports.

It's also clearly apparent that Russia has armed these so called separatists and it can be argued that many are in fact Russian soldiers, however Ukraine does have this particular weapon system (SAM) as well but some seem to have been lost to separatists when they over ran Ukrainian military facilities. This does not explain though the how they were used without the necessary expertise.

Sadly I think we will possibly never know the truth, Putin has a bad hate for the West, he also has aspirations to be the next Stalin and the Ukraine is a thorn in his side ATM, just look at what he did in Georgia and the ongoing mess in Chechnya. Even if this was a genuine accident it's not likely that Russia and Putin will admit as much as it would also mean he's showing his true hand and his involvement in what is happing in the Ukraine ATM and he's just to smug for that.

On a separate note, I think it would be hard for anybody to go to Auschwitz and not be moved if you have any link to things that happened during the war there. I still remember a story my Oma told me about the Nazi's when she was a child during the war.

Last edited:

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
It's sad, 154 of my ilk are dead. That pisses me off more than it saddens me.

The conspiracy theorist in me suggests this was no accident but both sides could have reason for doing this. An aircraft shot down from a legitimate flight path/air corridor that was declared safe by both sides is the most likely event to bring intervention from outside (UN or NATO, being either peacekeapers or monitors etc).

11:00 ABC Radio News reported Ukraine had closed that air corridor.
EDIT: Closed at lower level. 'Open' at higher level. Unsafe at any level.

I expect we will hear contradictory reports.

Either way, it's a heavyweight SAM (Surface to Air Missile) to do that. More than a shoulder launcher.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My info says that it was restricted airspace up to 32,000ft.

Certainly everybody is now avoiding Ukrainian airspace. ATM I only see local airlines and one lonely Lear Jet originating from somewhere in Germany destination unknown in Ukrainian airspace.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Might be world war 3, time to drop your cocks and grab your socks boys!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Might be world war 3, time to drop your cocks and grab your socks boys!

Oooooooh they'll give me my F88 back if that's the case :D lol But do I want it? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOl, that plastic fantastic. The NZ Army has finally decided to drop those although I'm not 100% certain what they will be replaced with.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hey I love Tupperware! You can keep the walnut furniture.