Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold glowing red

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VN 3.8 / VP 3.8
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the cat short for, and where do I locate it. If you mean the cat converter it doesn't have one, it is running straight pipe with two coby's, the manifold on both sides was taken off when we done the engine change if that is any help

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
the cat is normally located at the bottom of the manifold just after where it joins, even with an upgraded pipe the car should still have a cat

and yes cat = Catalyic Converter

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Since you have some dodgy pipe going on, by any chance did you put the O2 sensor back on?
AirStrike :air:

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
The New Zealand VN didn't come out with the O2 sensor

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
errrr??? hmm

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hmmmm I know they dont run a cat, but how can it not run an o2 sensor? Its a crucial part of the efi system.

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
I discovered about 6 months ago when I brought a chip from blackstar (E bay), I had the fault light come on(code44 O2 lean) then after investagating the O2 sensor I discovered the NZ vn didn't have one it has a different set up, it has a O2 loom system, the NZ VP came out with the O2 sensor... I know Kiwis should just stick to rugby and leave Holdens to the Auzzies. I have just brough a VP so I'm going to take the VN into Holden to get it fixed and then flick it off(after I change the lowering system and mags over of course)

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i don't see how it cannot have an O2 sensor. as Airstrike said its the fundamental control point of an engine mgt. system. it's like saying it doens't have pistons.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
jules said:
i don't see how it cannot have an O2 sensor. as Airstrike said its the fundamental control point of an engine mgt. system. it's like saying it doens't have pistons.
Yep! I still think this is your problem, all EFI vehicles run an O2 sensor.

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Trust me - the New Zealand VN didn't come out with an O2 sensor!!! Holden New Zealand has confirmed this, I have had a look at over 20 VN's in the last three months to see if any of them have the sensor, none of them do they all have a bung in the place the sensor should be. I know it's hard for you guys to understand as every Auzzie VN came out with the sensor, do a little research and you will find this information is accurate. As for me iv'e had enough of the VN that's why Iv'e brough a VP