Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold insulators

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
i have some that i no longer use...

$60 to whoever wants them...

located in brisbane southside (logan)

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
got these off impulse and have installed an have noticed a big change in the loss of power up the top end, and have also noticed that after leaving the car to sit for about 30 mins after car is turned off the manifold is back to boiling hot temps, but as soon as stopped and checked was warm but cool enough to touch.

anyone else had problems with loss of power up top. i have a pod kit and xu6 exhaust, mind u the car has become more drivable as a regular car but for over all throw u back in ur seat has really lost alot of power am gonna give the car another week or so to see how it works out if mot will be taking them off

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
got these off impulse and have installed an have noticed a big change in the loss of power up the top end, and have also noticed that after leaving the car to sit for about 30 mins after car is turned off the manifold is back to boiling hot temps, but as soon as stopped and checked was warm but cool enough to touch.

anyone else had problems with loss of power up top. i have a pod kit and xu6 exhaust, mind u the car has become more drivable as a regular car but for over all throw u back in ur seat has really lost alot of power am gonna give the car another week or so to see how it works out if mot will be taking them off
interesting m8 whats ur list of mods? with the pod do u have in inclosed? i did this mod last week, and my mods extractors,zorst,2 hole mod, k&n filter with these insulators and i have notice a increase in take off and drivability i havent taken it on the highway yet, but its intersting how u rekon u have lost power? i think i have gained! so im interested to here back m8

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
yeah got pod kit similar to one mace also sells and yes is inclosed wouldnt have it any other way and have standard hsv XU6 exhaust are the only mods i have done besides reseting the ecu when i got it.

but as i have said i have noticed it has a bit more down low and drivable in higher gears(4,5 up hills) but has lost all of its top end umph (like throw back ability). might also add i have the 5speed auto

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
yeah got pod kit similar to one mace also sells and yes is inclosed wouldnt have it any other way and have standard hsv XU6 exhaust are the only mods i have done besides reseting the ecu when i got it.

but as i have said i have noticed it has a bit more down low and drivable in higher gears(4,5 up hills) but has lost all of its top end umph (like throw back ability). might also add i have the 5speed auto
ok man thanxs for the input i will see how i go when i take it out on the highway,with the pod airbox did u notice an increase in power/take off when u fitted it?

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
not much but intake sound and power increase up top was amazing as i went from two hole mod to that and went dam why did i waste my time on the two hole mod lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec

The runners become slightly longer but it doesn't look enough to make the torque drop off more than a couple/few hundred revs? and should increase slightly under that. For a net gain of roughly nothing from a standing start. But the lack of heat soak when idling should definatly make a difference for the first couple of seconds of acceleration that the intake takes to cool. From a rolling start at speed lengthened runners can only make you slower and insualtors don't do much at speed sicne everythings allready cool just depends on how you use the car I guess.

I myself would be very happy to run a cooler manifold just because the heat soak I have when lining up at the drags is ridiculous and the first second at the track is by far the most important time of the whole race