Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual swap!?

Benjamien.C

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 factory Manual VU S
Hey folks, i picked up a 2010 VE OMEGA S1, but its an auto, i was wondering what the costs and possibilities of doing a manual swap would be??

is it a do-able job without a mechanic?
is it going to be above 5k?
is it worth it??
thanks!!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, above 5k.
Whole dash has to come out. Everything. This is because the plate that mounts the pedal box gets unbolted from the fire wall and you get a manual plate from a wrecker and bolt that in, along with the manual pedal setup etc.
Brake booster out (master cylinder stays) and steering column.
Yes, it's doable without a mechanic.
Yes this will take a long time.

Yes, you will need a fair amount of technical knowhow in the form of knowing your way around electrical systems.

Is it worth it? No. Although, you'll learn a shinto load of new things, so there's the value of knowledge.
Mostly you'll learn why its not straight forward and why you should have just not done it.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey folks, i picked up a 2010 VE OMEGA S1, but its an auto, i was wondering what the costs and possibilities of doing a manual swap would be??
Why didn't you just buy a manual?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Its much less stress to sell your car and then buy a manual... and probably cheaper if you’re disciplined :cool:

You could then consider a VE, VF, Holden, HSV... buying opens up such possibilities :eek: and with it more costs hense the need for some disciplined to contain your enthusiasm o_O or not :p

Benjamien.C

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 factory Manual VU S
Yes, above 5k.
Whole dash has to come out. Everything. This is because the plate that mounts the pedal box gets unbolted from the fire wall and you get a manual plate from a wrecker and bolt that in, along with the manual pedal setup etc.
Brake booster out (master cylinder stays) and steering column.
Yes, it's doable without a mechanic.
Yes this will take a long time.

Yes, you will need a fair amount of technical knowhow in the form of knowing your way around electrical systems.

Is it worth it? No. Although, you'll learn a shinto load of new things, so there's the value of knowledge.
Mostly you'll learn why its not straight forward and why you should have just not done it.
cheers for this reply, you have pretty much answered every question i had ahaha, i think ill just fix this one up then and sell/swap for a manual instead of doing the swap. the wagon just has its own stigma and i know it’ll be hard to re-create, once again thankyou <3

Attachments

• FB5C168D-F0C3-4FC2-BACE-527F3BAF4EC0.jpeg
    FB5C168D-F0C3-4FC2-BACE-527F3BAF4EC0.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 90

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Mitsubishi Stigmas are awesome.