Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts Turbo 6

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
looks good man, the v6's are a bit messy to get the piping right but looks like you got it sorted :) nice sleeper.. check out lukes RB30 vn for idea's :p

Yeah i have the motor out now so when i put another v6 in, im going to get some proper heat wrap to clean it up abit and i am working on a new intake plenum, so it should look a bit cleaner. I have decided to put another v6 in for now untill i have everthing for a rb30conversion. Then see how much boost a standard v6 with cometic headgaskets can take.:yeah:
To bad your calais died the way it did, it was coming along nicely and looked awsome.
hopefully i get abit done this weekend and have her back on the road late next week.
Matt

Attachments

• another siezed motor 010.jpg
    another siezed motor 010.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 527
  • another siezed motor 013.jpg
    another siezed motor 013.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 494
  • another siezed motor 009.jpg
    another siezed motor 009.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 491
  • another siezed motor 011.jpg
    another siezed motor 011.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 531

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hi Matt,

Just checked out your rig, looks pretty good mate. Don't be scared to mess around with mandrel bends for your intake, it smoothes everything out a looks good. Keep up with the pics

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Hi Matt,

Just checked out your rig, looks pretty good mate. Don't be scared to mess around with mandrel bends for your intake, it smoothes everything out a looks good. Keep up with the pics

yeah, when i got rid of that ugly, super restrictive blue intake pipe and put the t/b on the divers side with all smooth bends the boost went from 10psi to 15psi, so i was losing 5psi through all the awsome bends. But it was only there to get things going. I am making a custom intake manifold at the moment that will help with the throttle body placement and get rid of another 500mm of pipe.

Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Well i finally got another motor in and running, sounded nice and smooth so i stuggled and got the bonnet back on by myself because i couldn't wait any longer. went for a drive up the street no strange noises so i gave it some and brang it onto boost, yaaaay then the blow off valve goes off when im still on the gas, No boost, hmmm give it another go, booost yay but same thing and now it sounds strange when its making boost. so i putt home pull the intake pipe off the turbo and and the fins are ripped to pieces. but it doesnt look like there is any damage anywhere else. so my cheap chineese turbo is finally dead. So i gave her a clean and put her back in the shed.
I will get some pics later.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Heres a few pics of the turbo and new motor in. And a pic of inside old motor.
Matt

Attachments

• dead turbo 001.jpg
    dead turbo 001.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 542
  • dead turbo 002.jpg
    dead turbo 002.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 591
  • dead turbo 003.jpg
    dead turbo 003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 705
  • dead turbo 007.jpg
    dead turbo 007.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 567

cracker

Reaction score
turbos seen better days, replace it with a garrett.
maybe reconsider where the actuator is feed from less chance of boost spike if its from the compressor cover.
looks like its all coming along nicely though

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
turbos seen better days, replace it with a garrett.
maybe reconsider where the actuator is feed from less chance of boost spike if its from the compressor cover.
looks like its all coming along nicely though

There is 2 vacume lines running to the actuator one from the throttle bod and one from the compressor cover, you can't really see the second one in the pictures. It will end up with a ball bearing turbo in there, just dont know if it will still have a v6 in it then.
Matt

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Can you get some more exterior pics in the daytime. Like of each side of the car!

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Can you get some more exterior pics in the daytime. Like of each side of the car!

When it is finally running and i can take it somewhere to get some pics i will. But since it hasn't really left the driveway for more than 5 mins in the past 3 months dont have any recent exterior photos, The carport and shed doesn't make good places for pics.
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
The wagon is going again, with a t70 and external wastegate, just a few bugs to work out and hopefully have it ready for some drag racing friday night.
Matt