Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts Turbo 6

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Hey mate,

Thought Ive seen your car around town. I live in Boyne. Good to see someone else from Gladstone area on Justcommodores

It hasn't been out of the shed in a while but ive owned it for a few years, ill keep an eye out for your car and say hi if i see ya out, although i dont go cruising around in it much anymore, i only really drive it to work.
Matt

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
It hasn't been out of the shed in a while but ive owned it for a few years, ill keep an eye out for your car and say hi if i see ya out, although i dont go cruising around in it much anymore, i only really drive it to work.
Matt

Oh true. Have definitely seen it somewhere though otherwise I wouldnt have recognised that you were from Gladstone. I drive into Gladstone a fair bit so I might have seen you on the way to work sometime. Will do the same if I see you driving around :thumbsup:

By the way my neighbour is wanting to sell a VP wagon and some VN sedans for parts if you're interested. About $500 a car

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Oh true. Have definitely seen it somewhere though otherwise I wouldnt have recognised that you were from Gladstone. I drive into Gladstone a fair bit so I might have seen you on the way to work sometime. Will do the same if I see you driving around :thumbsup:

By the way my neighbour is wanting to sell a VP wagon and some VN sedans for parts if you're interested. About $500 a car

Hmmm, i'm trying to get out of the car collecting game. I have that many parts in my shed, i can hardly fit my car in to it. But i will keep it in mind, i might need some spare engines for the buggy im making.
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Went and got some pics this morning...
But I think im having issues with it blowing the spark out at any more than 10psi.
Matt

Attachments

• Matt 003 np.jpg
    Matt 003 np.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Matt 004 np.jpg
    Matt 004 np.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 338
  • Matt 005 np.jpg
    Matt 005 np.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 413
  • Matt 006 np.jpg
    Matt 006 np.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Matt 007.jpg
    Matt 007.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 362

cracker

Reaction score
looking good, gap the plugs down if ur having problems such as that try 1.0mm gaps

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
looking good, gap the plugs down if ur having problems such as that try 1.0mm gaps

Yeah I was going to try gaping them down abit. But i have super 4s in it, Am i able to close the gap on them.
Matt

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
loks good mat especially with the two tone one thing i might suggest is changing the lower window moulds to vn so you get a nice clean line all the way round the windows
one thing i hated about the vp's was chaging to the rubber on the doors

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
loks good mat especially with the two tone one thing i might suggest is changing the lower window moulds to vn so you get a nice clean line all the way round the windows
one thing i hated about the vp's was chaging to the rubber on the doors

Yeah i love the 2 tone vps, I'd much rather black though.
I agree 100% that the vp lower window moulds was a stupid idea and i think i might have some vn ones somewhere. On the list it goes.. Thanks

I put my old tune back in tonight and keep the boost under 12psi, What a differance, wow, come onto boost so much harder and doesn't break up, up top anymore. hmmm
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Had to tow her home yesterday arvo, It keeped blowing the fuel pump relay fuse every time i cranked it. I went through all the wiring related to the fuse and found no breaks or dodgy connections, But there was oil leaking from the oil pressure switch. so i pulled it off and there was a leak where the wiring plug connects to it. So i think it was filling the plug up with oil and earthing out or something making the fuel pump relay fuse blow.
As the fuse wouldn't blow until it was cranked. When turning the key to on it would prime the pump without blowing the fuse. But new oil pressure switch on and the fuse hasn't blown and the oil leak is fixed.
Matt