Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Max wheel size VT !??

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Who would go the 225/35 over the 245/30 even if they were both legal? I'm confused slightly.

Thats what most 20 wheel n tyre packages come with

225/35/20 are legal. They now come in the correct load rating for commodores VT-VZ.

I think there tall large in diameter for Commodores legally...... I could be wrong

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Who would go the 225/35 over the 245/30 even if they were both legal? I'm confused slightly.

225/35/20 are legal. They now come in the correct load rating for commodores VT-VZ.

I think there tall large in diameter for Commodores legally...... I could be wrong

Don't know about SA, but here in VIC, as long as you don't exceed original overall diameter by more than 25mm, you can run any size wheel you want. As lo g as they don't make contact with any part of the body.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE

What width are the actual rims. 20x8? I'm old school so i prefer smaller diameter with a wide rim/tyre. (much better for grip/control/ride)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Don't know about SA, but here in VIC, as long as you don't exceed original overall diameter by more than 25mm, you can run any size wheel you want. As lo g as they don't make contact with any part of the body.

The law here is 15mm as I previously stated....

What width are the actual rims. 20x8? I'm old school so i prefer smaller diameter with a wide rim/tyre. (much better for grip/control/ride)

normally 20x8.5's my cars sitting on 20x9.5's on the bum

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
they were just updated and are now pretty much the same as every other state seeing as SA was the only one using the 2 inch rule

so alot of ppl that got defected for rims being to big and wat not before the law got changed here in sa would be pretty peeved i would imagine lol

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
Im not entirely sure yet... I think with VN's atleast 17's and 18's are normally fine as long as the tyres arent too wide and you have an adjustable pan hard rod... so that it doesnt scrape at all.

Im not sure but some1's told me with 19's I may need to upgrade to VT brakes... But I've yet to find this out...

Most good wheel stores can get your wheels engineered, so maybe give one a ring and ask?

it is wise to upgrade your brakes when goin bigger wheels due to the bigger rolling diameter of the new wheels i only upgraded to 17s and before i did my brakes you could feel the difference from 15s to 17s it only cost me $400 for a standard upgrade to bigger discs and the twin pots up front and its well worth spending the money on in my opinion