Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbournes Bushfires

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
this is what we have in Dromana at the moment, normally when the trees stop there is nice blue water...

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I'm located in the Dandenong ranges and it has been pretty smokey up here as well. But was especially bad this morning. This is the view from my back patio.

It has cleared a little since this morning though

patio_2.jpg

Patio_1.jpg

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
this is the sunset looking back over Arthurs Seat

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
i wasnt awake this morning to see it, but a couple weeks ago, me and some mates went out and we were on the western ring road going towards the city and the smoke was that bad it gave me a sore throat.... i would put up pics but i didnt take any:D

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
i gotta admit i know the fires are bad but it made really weird crazy conditions for go karting this arvo at ace go karts

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
wish i still had pictures from the canbera fires a few years ago. it was unbeleivable. i remember orking on th northside of canberra when they hit. we didnt know what was going on cs we had the CD player going. one of the dudes i work with got a phone call fom his (now) ex wife saying she was scared the house was gunna burn down. we put the radio on and there was a warning alarm and it said houseswere lost in a few suburbs. we walked outside, look to the south and there was a massive plume of smoke.

my house lost power for 3 days and there was ash and half burnt leaves everywhere. i remember driving through the suburbsthat were burnt out about a month later and words cant discribe it... it was like a war zone :(

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Yeah true Troy. Anoyone who watched the news that year saw what went on. Just last year the same crap is happening here as this year. It's going to be a bad year for bush fires. I can feel it like everyone else.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I've been working in melbourne all week, could really smell the smoke today i thought, i was working out in bundoora and the landfill site where i was working had to stop some work cause of the smoke, pretty bad.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
They were saying on ABC radio up here today that this is expected to be the worst bushfire year that Victoria has ever experienced. Even worse than the 1939 fires, Ash Wednesday, or the 2003 fires that raged through the North East & Gippsland areas. There was also mention that they could burn for weeks if not months if we don't get any rain.