Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbournes Bushfires

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
They were saying on ABC radio up here today that this is expected to be the worst bushfire year that Victoria has ever experienced. Even worse than the 1939 fires, Ash Wednesday, or the 2003 fires that raged through the North East & Gippsland areas. There was also mention that they could burn for weeks if not months if we don't get any rain.

i heard that its the worst fire season for 500 years, and if the winds pick up today (sunday) like expected, the fire front could spread to 100kms wide, kinda scary when its less than 100kms to the city from my house

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Dr Bob, I was around there today. Couldnt see the line where the water met the sky it was so hazy, It looked really good though in a way. Just hope everyone is safe during these fires and that damage is minimal

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
well last night i went to the beach, and i was talking to this 1 guy from around gippsland and he was saying his expecting to go back to an ash top if it gets any worse.... that would hurt loosing your house...:(

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Dr Bob, I was around there today. Couldnt see the line where the water met the sky it was so hazy, It looked really good though in a way. Just hope everyone is safe during these fires and that damage is minimal

lol was this part of your tour of Melbourne?
it cleared a bit late last night but is back worse than ever this morning.
hot too, already measuring 32 up here, probably about 34-35 down the street
Rob

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
When I woke this morning I went outside and had a look around. All my cars have ash over them, I couldnt see very far down the road and the main noise I can hear is the cfa hellicopters. The nearest towns to me have CFA crews standing by waiting for the fires to make there way out of the hills and onto private land today.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Wow.. thats a scary thing.. walking out to ash covered cars.. hope the wind doesnt pick up.. for the safety of the fire fighters and everyone in the nearby and not so nearby communities..

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
We've had pretty thick smoke roll through here in Warrnambool (250 odd k's West of Melbourne).
I am taking a group of 90 year 5 and 6 kids to Mt Evelyn tomorrow, am a bit nervous about the smoke with the number of asthmatics we have.
Anyone over that area got anything they can tell me?

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Heres a couple of pics of what gippsland looks like at the moment.
The first pic is the same spot where my avatar pic was taken. The second is from the road out the front of my place looking towards the fires. On the left side of it is one of my neighbours houses less than 300 meters away.....

Picture466.jpg

Picture467.jpg

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
i just heard that tassie is getting smoky from the fires here... that just goes 2 show how freakin big these fires are! i didnt take pics or anything but as i was goin over the westgate bridge lunchtime yesterday, i couldnt see anything but the road in front of me! no city, no ground below, NOTHING! was really creepy! i hope the fireys get it under control safely!!