Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Melbournes Bushfires

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Heres some pics of melbournes sky today, not the best pics but you can kinda see.

P.S yeh i know my pool is empty & my lawn needs mowing, anyone wanna do it for me?

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
it;s the same here in geelong i went to sleep woke up 3 hopurs later walked outside and thought it was gonna rain then i realised its smoke

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I couldn't almost breathe this morning. But it's better now.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
It was very smoky in the west of Melbourne too this morning! It's cleared up a bit now though. It was really strange for me as it's the first time i've experienced this sort of thing.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
its still pretty bad in narre warren, i feel sorry for the fire fighters dealing with it

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
It doesn't really make sense to say that.. i feel sorry for them... thats there job, i mean they enjoy that sort of thing. If they didn't they wouldn't do it. Same with coppers... i mean people say that they feel sorry for them having to deal with that... well i dont, im happy that they are doing what they enjoy. Fighting crime. THey want that, they get, good! i mean they want to fight fires... they enjoy it... meh...

The smkoe it pretty bad on the peninsula

aZk.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
It doesn't really make sense to say that.. i feel sorry for them... thats there job, i mean they enjoy that sort of thing. If they didn't they wouldn't do it. Same with coppers... i mean people say that they feel sorry for them having to deal with that... well i dont, im happy that they are doing what they enjoy. Fighting crime. THey want that, they get, good! i mean they want to fight fires... they enjoy it... meh...

The smkoe it pretty bad on the peninsula

aZk.

still, even though they enjoy it, imagine how uncomfortable they would be, its 30 something degrees, they are wearing those suits & fighting a fire, it wouldnt be a pleasent job whether you enjoy it or not

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
This is what it was like just after 6 am last Tuesday up here in the North East of the state near the NSW border. Could easily look at the sun through the smoke without squinting. Has been the same or worse every day since, & at times nearly as bad inside the house as outside.

Attachments

• sunrisesmoke.JPG
    sunrisesmoke.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 149

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Yeah true nomad. Last night I saw what would have been a white moon, was orange. You really see the effects showing.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
its still pretty bad in narre warren, i feel sorry for the fire fighters dealing with it

Yea, im with you. I have family and friends in the CFA. They join not only because they enjoy it but because somebody has to do it. It certainly isnt what most people think. You are put in dense bushland with dead scrub all around and a cliff face behind, they have to wear hot clothing to protect them selves and have to face 60+ degrees heat just to try to save the communitys around the fires. Not only do I feel sorry for them in the current heat and conditions I applaud them, and so I should I live south of the fires in gippsland and guess where they are heading.