Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal socket install

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
:) Hi,

Here's the best I can do for a VN series one with a good exhaust
Alot of things have changed since I started this, had some cars on the dyno, got smarter etc etc. This is a pretty good tune, I doubt it can be improved much at all for such a car

It's 256k binary based on the VR with lean cruise and all that stuff and makes more power than powerchip gold, everywhere. But the V6 is a funny engine and it's very hard to make more power with a tune, I do not beleive for the half a handfull of kw you can gain on a stockish engine that it's worth buying one for the VN V6 (V8 then yes definitely get one), but this ones for free, just don't try and scam me and other people by selling it. Consider this the final tune for the V6 :)

Attachments

• FOAM_RACING_VNS1_bolt_ons_256k.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 330

Sneezy19752

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 1990
Thanks Greeny:thumbsup: Will give this a go. If you sell a programmed chip and ZIF socket ready for install, I'd be happy to buy these off you for a small sum, so that you actually get something for all the work you've done... If not, I can source and burn via friends... Thanks again

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ebay is your best bet for a burner. i paid about $80 i think

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Ok, have finally burnt my first chip and it reads back ok, so will test it tomorrow going to work but am taking my old one and a screwdriver with me just in case.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
I'm just getting into doing all the reading on how to make my own memcals and in the files that I'm working with from the 1227808 I've found an entire section full of shift-light parameters.

Anyone had any luck getting a shift light to work using these?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
was having a chat to vl400 about the shift light thing, it wil only work on a manual, as its on the same circuit as the toque convrertor switch or something in a auto.

by the sounds of it, from what i can remember, its more to do with fuel economy or something.

maybe doc bob or vl400 can explain a bit better.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Lucky I drive a manual then :) I've seen it in there, and it looks like each gear can have it's own shift points (up and down) specified.

I don't really need a shift light (does any street car need one?), but if the ecu can handle it, it might just be a bit of fun. Especially to be able to turn around and say that it's a 'factory' shift-light.

Just gotta find which pin(s) of the ECM it comes out of.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
yeah i was looking into that as well.

think it was A7 from what i was looking into, but i couldn't figure out if it was a negative or positive trigger....

so i tried both
but with no luck!

if anyone has been playing with this let me know!