Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mercedes/AMG to ''unofficially'' join the V8 supercars

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I know who I'll be supporting! Will be good to see them on the grid!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Its a shame theres no actual money comming from Mercedes, although its a step in the right direction, perhaps later they will chuck some money at them.

Interesting to see that whilst theyre not actually funding any of it, they are helping develop the engine and chassis.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
With Merc and Nissan driving around in circles with the other taxis it might be worth watching/following again, I miss the old days of kicking back on a sunday with some mates talking **** and watching the V8's

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
should be interesting... are stone brothers racing still going to be racing fords then or not?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Not after the end of this year - Erebus Motorsport On The V8 Supercar Grid In 2013

Stone Brothers Racing this morning announced it will be ending its partnership with Ford after a relationship that began when the team was first formed in 1998 and won three V8 Supercar Championships with Marcos Ambrose and Russell Ingall.

The amicable split paved the way for the Erebus merger.

“Since SBR’s inception in 1998 Ford has backed the team and together we have enjoyed many successes including three Championship wins - two with Marcos Ambrose in 2003 and 2004, and again with Russell Ingall in 2005. We also won Bathurst with Jason Bright and Steven Richards in 1998,” said Ross Stone.

“Leaving Ford was not an easy thing to do, but as car markets change here in Australia I felt the time was right for a new challenge and with Ford’s mutual agreement we have decided to part ways.

“We will be racing a Ford Falcon for the last time at Olympic Park in December and will see out our contract which ends this year.

“I’d like to thank Ford and all our supporters for their backing and we now look forward to entering a new era of racing with Erebus Motorsport.”

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
should be good to see then nothing better than a few smaller companies finally having the support they need to make a real go of it