Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mercedes/AMG to ''unofficially'' join the V8 supercars

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
They are going to use the E class sedan as the base.

eb4dc65fbc999f0631378ae73b088855.jpg

Would of been awesome if they had used either of the E or C class Coupé's.

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
Am i the only one that thinks its Sh*T that other manufacturers are coming into this race

yeaaap

im pumped to see more brands in there, but why stop at 4 manufactures, bring toyota, mitsubitchi, chrysler too the party, make it really interesting to watch, ill be a holden supporter through and true but

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Would be nice if Mercedes presence attracted BMW and Audi as well... I'm just hoping Erebus and S.B.R make enough of an impression on Mercedes/AMG, as it would be nice to see them formally back them. That Erebus SLS GT3 is a monster!

img-main-the-car.png

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
*Thumbs Up*. Me interested in V8 supercars once more.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I see Nissan are defiantly using a quad cam v8 and I'll be very suprised if Mercedes don't too. Do you think holden and ford will follow suit?

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I see Nissan are defiantly using a quad cam v8 and I'll be very suprised if Mercedes don't too. Do you think holden and ford will follow suit?

I'll be interested to see what happens there. Given that the Ford and Chev V8's are well sorted engines that hardly ever give any trouble i'd be pretty surprised if they went and started from scratch with a new OHC engine. I have no doubt there will be a few teething problems with the new Nissan and Mercedes engines, so i think if the Ford and Holden teams stay with their current engines, they'll be a step ahead in that respect.

It's just one less thing to worry about when they're all trying to get their heads around the new COTF.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Good stuff , it might just make it interesting again , if it hasn't been asked , what car are Nissan entering , I think Mercedes , will use the E Class , but of Nissan ?

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Have been living under a rock the last few months due to work... but isn't Nissan(THE FACTORY) backing Kelly Racing, while Mercedes Benz is not backing SBR???

- Erebus Motorsport is just a shop that uses AMG/Mercedes cars, not the Mercedes/AMG factory.