Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mick's VX Executive

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
My plans for the car in 2010 are

- VY Calais full chrome window surrounds
- VX Acclaim chrome accented grille inserts
- VX Berlina cup holder (actually requires entire center console switch)
- VX Berlina rear passenger reading lights
- Colour code side skirts and bottom of front and rear bumpers
- Remove black door strips
- Climate Control conversion
- Switch to disable the low speed fan when idling at someone's house talking out the window (sick of the bee drone of the fan)

I would say next would be the cup holder because i have that part sitting here ready.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
My plans for the car in 2010 are

- VY Calais full chrome window surrounds
- VX Acclaim chrome accented grille inserts
- VX Berlina cup holder (actually requires entire center console switch)
- VX Berlina rear passenger reading lights
- Colour code side skirts and bottom of front and rear bumpers
- Remove black door strips
- Climate Control conversion
- Switch to disable the low speed fan when idling at someone's house talking out the window (sick of the bee drone of the fan)

I would say next would be the cup holder because i have that part sitting here ready.
If your gonna go to the trouble of painting your bumpers you may as well get some decent ones, like some ss ones or something, it will improve the look of your car dramatically. The VX/VX calais chrome window surrounds are a very good option, much better than the thin VT chrome.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
If your gonna go to the trouble of painting your bumpers you may as well get some decent ones, like some ss ones or something, it will improve the look of your car dramatically. The VX/VX calais chrome window surrounds are a very good option, much better than the thin VT chrome.

I would only need to paint the few inches of black plastic at the bottom of the bumpers. I'm out to enchance what I already have, not transform my car. I want it to still look like an Executive, just a nice executive. The only bodykit I'd be interested in is the HBD kit that was optioned on the Executive/Acclaim. Yeah, I definitely want the full chrome, not the little strip.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
I would only need to paint the few inches of black plastic at the bottom of the bumpers. I'm out to enchance what I already have, not transform my car. I want it to still look like an Executive, just a nice executive. The only bodykit I'd be interested in is the HBD kit that was optioned on the Executive/Acclaim. Yeah, I definitely want the full chrome, not the little strip.
Like this one? http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg51/Big_Valven/NEW/new4.jpg

Not a fan of the front personally, but its your car, you can do as you like. Definitely go the calais chrome, look around too, I found my full set for $130 but have seen some go for over $250, well worth it.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Hrmm I didn't see the front when I saw it. I think the one I saw was different though, side skirts look different. I basically saw this car and wanted the body kit minus the spoiler.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/micksarich/Image523-1.jpg

I don't like the front in the pic you posted though, if this kit is the same at the front then I won't get it. I know what you mean, one great thing with car parts is how many times you can find great bargains.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Nice car mate, very clean and obviously well looked after. I think you're right too, no need to go over the top with bodykits and such, aka police magnet. I will say, I love the mags.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Nice car mate, very clean and obviously well looked after. I think you're right too, no need to go over the top with bodykits and such, aka police magnet. I will say, I love the mags.

Thanks mate :D Unless I can get that one bodykit which was optional on the executive I'm not going to bother. I do need to get mine painted though.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Good looking car. I like the way the executives look.

Thanks mate. I agree, they did a good job designing the front bumper I reckon.