Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing/stumbling

looseunit

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vs statesman l67 50th anniversary
I've found bottled injector cleaner that you poor in your fuel tank starts cleaning in the tank first, sending everything though your fuel filters which can start blocking them, if you use it, use it prior to changing your fuel filter, then, change your fuel filters after it has run through
thats a good point never thought about that

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Update: 2-3 years ago I was coming home from the local shops when the donk developed a misfire. By the time I got to within 100m of home it was running on 3 cyls.. When I pulled into the driveway and switched off, smoke began to emanate from under the bonnet. This is what I found after I pulled the smokin' coil.

coil.jpg

When it began to melt down it blew the fuse for power supply to that cylinder bank. I went to the wreckers and got another Bosch coil, stuck a new fuse in and all was good. I decided however, to get a set of coils off ebay and fit them, which I subsequently did.

Today I replaced 3 of those coils with 3 of the original Bosch coils - the 3 you can replace without removing the plenum chamber, took it for a trot and the intermittent misfire was still there. I then replaced the other 3 under the p/chamber and the was misfire was fixed. Wanting to find which of the second 3 was the faulty one, I swapped em out 1 at a time with the plug on cyl 6 until the faulty one showed up - which happened to be the last one I tried.

Anywho - end of story and all's good. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Yes I did that on all the ebay coils (4 pin) all coils gave the same results - O ohm on 2 pins, infinity on another two and about 12,000 on another two pins, including the coil that gave the intermittent misfire.

razzle308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ station wagon
Why would the issue instantly stop when i engage cruise control.
If i could narrow down what part is bypassed by the cruise...i will know whats at fault.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Cruise control, at least on my car, maintains rpm at a constant level. The ecu is obviously confused each time you adjust the throttle (use the accelerator pedal).
When the O2 sensor was playing up on the VS, the car would surge whilst cruising. Never had an injector problem, so cannot comment. Before replacing the fuel pump, engine would cut out going through a roundabout or up a steep incline. For example, a multilevel carpark.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The one thing you don’t use is the accelerator.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That meaning, it’s the sensor missing when cruise is enabled.