Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MkyHnly's VC SL/E Complete Restoration Project

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
yeah me too :( sad day.

and yeah OP, i have monroe GT's on mine. mine are the shortened shocks to suit lowered springs. havnt had a problem with them, but i have to say the rebound is pretty loose. was hoping for something a little bit stiffer for mine, but nevertheless they still do the job.

thanks ari666 i ordered them today, hopefully will get them before friday to be installed friday morning with the help of my mate jesse_lankey :) will definitely let you guys know with pictures when they are in.

doesnt look too bad considering age.
will be great to see this cleaned up.

thanks brinz, you should drop round one time to have a closer look. love your calais mate

cheers

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, I planned to buy new plates for the car that have the original number plate combination on it that came from factory, however after looking online for the combination VicRoads tells me that the combination is taken :(

So I went to check online once again to see what car the plates are attached to, but no results were found when I put the combination in. I was really set on getting this combination too. Any suggestions?

Cheers

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
got these in the mail today:

d6e36b0e.jpg

going in either friday morning or on the weekend

cheers guys

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Looks good. The Blue is a good factory colour. I have gone for the same suspension package in my VK.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
gday VBRED, thanks mate i like the colour too, going to keep it that colour, just going to get it re-sprayed. i spent a lot of time reading up on your thread, it has been a bit of an inspiration :)

well here is the update -

after a lot of swear words, cuts, bruises, and two days... myself and my mate jesse_lankey managed to get the suspension done. man it was an absolute bastard to try and do! but it is now all done, and here are the end results:

ddb953cf.jpg

really happy with the result, just tucks the tyre in the rear so will need to get the guards rolled, but stoked with how it sits :D unfortunately it isnt registered so i havent had the chance to properly drive it... but cant wait til I finally can :)

let me know what you think,

cheers

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Looks good, actually it looks cleaner overall then before too.

jesse_lankey

what to put here?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
still needs a s**tload of work for a roady you should start buying new bushes for the front end and just bits and peices to get it to reasonable condition, also need an adjustable panhard rod

brinz96VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais
looks nice man, and yeah ill have to come past and see it at some stage.
hope you dont have to raise it to pass the roadworthy.
+1 for new suspension bushes, replace every single one if you can.