Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MkyHnly's VC SL/E Complete Restoration Project

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Pity those VB SL/E leather seats are a bit RS. Nice car though

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
No part of the car is to be less than 100mm obove ground. If you can drive it over a house brick on edge it will pass. Keep your eye on Imlachs Centre Road, Clayton wreckers. They always have at least 6 early girls. Some are very clean. Never seen an SLE though.

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey mate nice ride sits well now looks good !!!!!! Heres a bit of a heads up i just replaced all the bushes in the front end of my VB.. I found out that for your lower control arms (K frame,z bar,lower ball joint)bushes dont replace with new bushes buy the whole control arm from PEDDERS for only $125 each side and they come complete new bushes and ball joint + a2yr warranty no matter what!!!!!! Ifound out the hard way ...SH#t C#$p Oh well........

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Same except I am using Nolathane ones. Can't be ####ed cleaning the old ones up repainting them and pressing the old bushes and ball joints out and pressing new ones in.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
Pity those VB SL/E leather seats are a bit RS. Nice car though

are they VB SL/E seats or VC SL/E seats? as far as I know the car is 100% factory? and forgive me by asking, but what is RS?

No part of the car is to be less than 100mm obove ground. If you can drive it over a house brick on edge it will pass. Keep your eye on Imlachs Centre Road, Clayton wreckers. They always have at least 6 early girls. Some are very clean. Never seen an SLE though.

Yeah I have checked and it seems to be alright at the 100mm height, but i will do the brick trick just to be sure, thanks for the advice. And thats awesome to know about that, not too far away from me, see whether I can just get a new front bumper off an early girl there.

Hey mate nice ride sits well now looks good !!!!!! Heres a bit of a heads up i just replaced all the bushes in the front end of my VB.. I found out that for your lower control arms (K frame,z bar,lower ball joint)bushes dont replace with new bushes buy the whole control arm from PEDDERS for only $125 each side and they come complete new bushes and ball joint + a2yr warranty no matter what!!!!!! Ifound out the hard way ...SH#t C#$p Oh well.........

gday chrisso, have been reading through your thread - your car is wild! well done on it mate! and thanks for the advice - i will definitely do that. want to freshen it all up, may as well just get a whole new control arm.

well it has been about 2 weeks since i touched the car, ive been sick for the better half of those two weeks. went to move it today to get it out of the way of the trailer and the battery didnt have enough charge in it to turn over :( had to push it down the driveway. if the weather is still as good as it has been during the week i want to get the garage all sorted out and buy a trickle charger just to keep it charged enough to move it every now and then.

well, thats my news, thanks for all the advice and the comments!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
are they VB SL/E seats or VC SL/E seats? as far as I know the car is 100% factory? and forgive me by asking, but what is RS?
VB SL/E. They are trimmed in leather, only optional on VB and VH SL/Es, never ever available on VC's. RS means rat ****, has the very worn factor on them. Sure can retrim them.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
So how did I manage to get some VB SL/E seats then? Haha

I will definitely get them re-trimmed, but will just keep the interior the original colour, I don't want to go modifying much else except for the wheels.

Went to the Cruise for Charity on the weekend and it made me realise how much I want to get this car done. Pulled it out of the garage on the weekend and gave it a clean out. I am starting to collect bits for it, and pull out the motor soon.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Someone swapped them i suppose.

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very small update... Managed to pick up a set of front indicators off eBay for next to nothing... New old stock. They'll be going on tomorrow, as well as giving the paint a pressure clean. Going to find a new front bumper. Having trouble finding the over riders for the bumper... I'm missing the drivers side one. Any ideas?? Cheers guys.