Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monty Monaro

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Man I could spend all day looking at your monaro.

Thanks.
I turn up these sort of things and go look at that and look at this and then start dreaming of.
But and it's a big but!!!!![
I would kill for and early 70s vette( so that 1970 427 , yesterday = a dream) or and I can't own a genuine one , so build a replica Lancia Stratos.

Selling the monaro would go a fair way towards either.
But again that big but, I use or go and look at the monaro go I'm not over it yet = can't let go .

Reactions: Lex

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Thanks.
I turn up these sort of things and go look at that and look at this and then start dreaming of.
But and it's a big but!!!!![
I would kill for and early 70s vette( so that 1970 427 , yesterday = a dream) or and I can't own a genuine one , so build a replica Lancia Stratos.

Selling the monaro would go a fair way towards either.
But again that big but, I use or go and look at the monaro go I'm not over it yet = can't let go .
For years I have looked at newer commodores and wondered if I should go newer (turns out I shouldn't), but the only car I keep coming back to is the monaro.
Maybe one day.

Oh, and since we are dreaming, a pontiac firebird needs to welcome itself into my fleet too.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, and since we are dreaming, a pontiac firebird needs to welcome itself into my fleet too.

Nice, a club member not long ago put his silver and black one up for sale and that also had me thinking but again not over and also would have needed to find/ pluck $20k to $25k out of my ase= very painful ha ha ha

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And another, the club president a couple weeks ago put his Buick Skylark coupe up for sale= caf car . I haven't actually asked him what's next.
That was briefly tempting and would have been doable = again but if willing to part with the monaro.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've always loved the VT and VX Monaro. I remember them coming out and how a place in Melbourne soon after developed a twin turbo set up for them, which was tucked down low so less conspicuous......

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Way back in 2006 when first made redundant ( in Sydney) , jobs in my field in high demand = move to Newcastle = dreamt of getting a dark vy calias.
So glad and enjoy I held off and went a monaro = calias interior but 2 door exterior style

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I love the VZ Monaro front more than most. However all Monaros have a special place in Aussie motoring history and I like them more than sedans. A simple and beautiful design. No E-Type, but for what it is, it’s still easy on the eye.

This would be an entirely appropriate sound track (fully endorsed by me) while driving and not having to prove it.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pink slip inspection today so 12 months rego again ( well when I pay the rego).
My garage is hardyplank and tile so lots of gaps for dirt and dust to get in especially on windy days.
Could wash the monaro , not use for a few weeks and then go to use and it needs washing before going out.

So after all these years I finally bought a decent car cover.

Also a few weeks ago went on a club run , surf, sand and cars.
Lots of nice and different cars.
The monaro was quite common this time = 2 CV6s and 3 CV8s including another black one.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/aSpRTka.jpg[/img]']