Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

*VN88*

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ex V6S1 man/VX Acc l67/VT Ex wag
Sorry to see ya pranged ya beast!!!! but a very good fix up job you bloke's have done looks alot better even though ya got a grey door!! looks like hakhawk is hand man to have around, should look A1 when ya done good work!!!!:thumbsup:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
eeeeh I'll be alright reuben :p lol

Cheers for having a look for me mike, it's 225/60/R15s :)

edit: haha, cheers VN88. It's actually a lot worse in person ;) But I've got some ideas to make it look decent again. I certainly do owe hakhawk - and I intend to repay him! Hopefully I can even get a hold of an ARC over this side of the continent, so I don't have to trek out to Moe and hastle Troy again for a whole day :p lol

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Aw man, just went out to hit the G-Tech tonight, and I couldn't avoid the wheelspin! Five runs, and five huge burnouts :p lol, and this was without ANY stall.

I give up :p haha, I NEED LSD.

>.<

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
yeah yeah, LSD will help.....

..... by what about the wheel spin?

hahah lol.

aZk.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lmao, you're a bloody comedian aren't you :D :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Morton you wont get wheelspin with highway max tyres if I can get them to stick with 100 newtons more torque, you aren't going to spin them (cheaper than a lsd) :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'll add them to next week's shopping list. :D Hopefully I can have a little more wet grip to look forward to, too ^^

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Aaah, not too much progress of late. Been doing extra hours at work to try and put money aside for repairs - starting at 8-9pm some nights and working through to 7-8. Gay.

Still coming up with plans on how to best repair the damage. Obviously tack-welding the door sill on is only a temporary solution. I need to look into more solid, long-term, bog-upable methods of holding everything together. I've got a few ideas.

In terms of power, I see no real point in pursuing more of it until I have enough traction for a launch. lol Following jason's persistant nagging advice, ;) highway maxx tyres will be next up :D

After that, I'll start work on these heads. Just need to get them crack tested and acid bathed, then the fun can begin!

Meanwhile, I'm seriously looking at buying a Corolla daily driver. One of the old, RWD ****box carbie models. Something for under a grand which will save me a grand in fuel per year driving to/from work, and will allow me to have the VP out of action for days on end for things like changing heads. :)

We'll see what crops up! If anyone has any suggestions for a good reliable <$1000 runabout let me know, I'm really keen to have a second efficient car on the road. :)

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Dude... one word...
SIGMAAAAAA

1) They are tuff
2) They are sexy
3) They are cheap as anything, we got ours for $250
4) They are tuff
5) You may get lucky and get a bright yellow one like ours
6) They are tuff
7) You can get the 2.6L models with go off tap, and change it over to fuel injection with stuff from a magna
8) They are tuff
9_ Go buy one now