Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Most popular colour?

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
Wheels can do alot for any car , i know they are trendy but im not keen on plain black wheels, imo ,they just disappear , that white VF would look awesome with some polished ally or chrome AND black rims . the plain black wheels look just well.. too plain and boring .

thing i like about a white ve/vf is they lookgreat with a gloss black roof wrap , nice tint and... a set of great rims.

Last edited:

yianni127

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS UTE
I have the Prussian Steel. Passed a white one on the freeway last week. Sorry, didn't like it. Already owned a black commodore, so went for this one. Hard Top coming soon.....

Attachments

• 20131214_180136.jpg
    20131214_180136.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,804

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Went Black With the Calais V, best choice. Bastard to keep clean, but when it is Amazing

Rhino6L

Reaction score
The most popular colours on VF seem to be White and Prussian Steel.

Fantale never took off at all. It is going to be replaced soon, with 2 new colours coming into the range for MY15.

Any idea on what the new colours are going to be?
Must be an area thing because there are 7 fantale vf's in my town already! I will be quite happy if they stop selling it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I have opted to get a white redline. I am bucking the trend a little and swapping the black rims for nice shiny silver/chrome rims. I think it looks spiffy. Probably replace the white backing on the side mirrors with chrome too. I am old fashioned, i like shiny things on cars.

I thought Fantale looked awesome in pictures until I actually saw one with my own eyes. Was put off.

I'm with you on the chrome wheels. It's amazing how different Redlines can look depending on colour and rims. White with black rims and all the black highlights plus some subtle chrome is sporty and tough, almost intimidating. But for a touch of class and wow factor dark colours, shiny polished rims and all the chrome is a knockout. For me its Regal Peacock, polished rims and full chrome. It turns more heads than any car I've owned and so many people comment on how good the colour looks. How long since you heard that about a white or black car?

I like the hero colours but history has shown they are often more difficult to sell in a few years.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
I like how there's a variety of opinions, tbh I'm glad not everyone likes the exact same style. Would be a boring world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
I like how there's a variety of opinions, tbh I'm glad not everyone likes the exact same style. Would be a boring world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree..i CHOSE white as it was the best match imo for the charcoal thunder rims,checked almost all the other colours live and a lot looked a bit average matched with those rims to be honest ....plus I have always liked the look of the white thunders in their advertisements(pretty sure that's why they always feature the white as it looks THE BEST),black thunders looked the next best but none were available so im more than happy with heron white also.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
There has to be a reason that 25% of the worlds cars are white.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
In the VE I really liked the chlorophyl colour. Got called a few feminine names as a result, but it just looked spiff IMO. I agree 100%, there are so many ways you can present your VF that it wont be too difficult to have something a little bit unique in your area. I should get my redline by end of next week. Looking forward to it, going from driving worst car in the street to driving the best....... :)