Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motor Oil

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Thanks for the reply VX i think i will give the fuchs a try & see how it goes in my vy, do you know if it comes in a 6L pack ?

NO it doesn't, only in 5's, so if you got a big sump, get 3 and it will last you 2 fills. They should have 10 litres, go to the fuchs site, and check.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
Fuchs Australia || Home this website is realy good, i had a look, i'm thinking i might get some after christmass to put in the ss, might try the titan super gto 10w40 or titan cfx 15w40, i ended up useing the nulons that i used last time, i drained it to day and it was black as, looked burnt, blackest iv seen it and i change it every 5,000km's, left this one for 10,000, wish i had of changed it earlier now, i used workshop oil (valvoline10w30) to flush it out, took 3 flushes (letting it run for 5 mins then draining again) before i had clean oil coming out, then put the nulons i bought in it, but after seeing that defenatly going to switch and dump it every 5,000 as i was doing, Fuchs Australia - NetLube this link is handy, select a selesction then continue from there, i was useing castrol magnatec 5w40 at my old work(might even try the castrol edge and compare them), and it was never that black, the magnatec is good, then switched to the nulons when i went to my new job and yeh big difference in my opinion, hope these links help.

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
Fuchs Australia || Home this website is realy good, i had a look, i'm thinking i might get some after christmass to put in the ss, might try the titan super gto 10w40 or titan cfx 15w40, i ended up useing the nulons that i used last time, i drained it to day and it was black as, looked burnt, blackest iv seen it and i change it every 5,000km's, left this one for 10,000, wish i had of changed it earlier now, i used workshop oil (valvoline10w30) to flush it out, took 3 flushes (letting it run for 5 mins then draining again) before i had clean oil coming out, then put the nulons i bought in it, but after seeing that defenatly going to switch and dump it every 5,000 as i was doing, Fuchs Australia - NetLube this link is handy, select a selesction then continue from there, i was useing castrol magnatec 5w40 at my old work(might even try the castrol edge and compare them), and it was never that black, the magnatec is good, then switched to the nulons when i went to my new job and yeh big difference in my opinion, hope these links help.
Thanks for the links cpbait, very helpful.:thumbsup: