Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motor Oil

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
No worries happy to help.

Minux, it' excellent to see someone else has had some help from someone who knows a bit more than the average...

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Guys, i emailed Nulon a couple of months ago before i started using PM lubes, and i asked them if they use Teflon in their Motor oils. THey said that there are no teflon products in their oil, but he did recommend an additive for me to use. So i dont believe they have it in their oil, as you said, it is illegal. They do have 100% synthetics and api etc so they would be monitored. As Brad says, try the PM, if you feel 25W60 is too think, try the 20W50 and see how it goes. IF you really on a budget, i believe that the Pennzoil GT Street machine 20W50 is meant to be good stuff, just people turned off pennzoil when they came out and said they use hydrocracked parrafinic based oils, which is what nearly all oils today is made of anyway, and people said is sludges up their cars, but one thing to note, they do recommend changing at 5000 intervals. I trust these kind of oils, PM and something like pennzoil, PM says long drain, but we test and tell you how long, and as a bonus you see whats going on in your car, and pennzoil tell you 5000 (least their honest), not just say follow your manufacturers guideline, yeah imagine, some cars specify 10,000 and new ones 15,000..i could never imagine a cheaper oil lasting that long. They know their oil additives break down after 5000, and PM knows theirs last longer, and its tested too, Mobil, Castrol etc say nothing of the like.

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
Hey minux.Have you got any data on any of the Fuchs(titan)motor oils, as this product has been recommended to me by a well regarded mechanic, it seems nobody on this forum has tried this brand as it has'nt been mentioned in this topic so far. Cheers. Dave.:thumbsup:

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Hey minux.Have you got any data on any of the Fuchs(titan)motor oils, as this product has been recommended to me by a well regarded mechanic, it seems nobody on this forum has tried this brand as it has'nt been mentioned in this topic so far. Cheers. Dave.:thumbsup:

I have used the Fuchs Titan gt semi synthetic 15W-40 and if there was an oil i would recommend to anyone it would be that, it is probably one of the best oils i have ever used. PM is looking good at the moment, but i cannot say anything bad about the Fuchs, its good stuff. I mean its German tech and recommended for Mercs etc straight off the production line......the synthetic is meant to be the goods well. Alot of the Holden oils are rebadged fuchs full mineral oils, and so are the John Deere oils, they use Fuchs stuff, cause they make it in Mcintyre Road Sunshine, Vic, and the JOhn Deere plant is not far, so if John Deere likes it in Multi Million Dollar Machinery, well heck, so could you.........

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
ive heard certain oil's can be put in for a short period to clean the motor a bit is this true also what would be a good oil?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Anything that is of quality and has a 'C' rating- ie. you have SE, SL, SM etc for petrol vehicles, you also have CE, CF ratings for diesel.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Anything that is of quality and has a 'C' rating- ie. you have SE, SL, SM etc for petrol vehicles, you also have CE, CF ratings for diesel.

Brad, i notice you havent invited comsirac to this thread yet hehe ;)

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Hell no its painful. Intelligent people debate and add points or disagree. Others just argue for the sake of argueing

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
I have used the Fuchs Titan gt semi synthetic 15W-40 and if there was an oil i would recommend to anyone it would be that, it is probably one of the best oils i have ever used. PM is looking good at the moment, but i cannot say anything bad about the Fuchs, its good stuff. I mean its German tech and recommended for Mercs etc straight off the production line......the synthetic is meant to be the goods well. Alot of the Holden oils are rebadged fuchs full mineral oils, and so are the John Deere oils, they use Fuchs stuff, cause they make it in Mcintyre Road Sunshine, Vic, and the JOhn Deere plant is not far, so if John Deere likes it in Multi Million Dollar Machinery, well heck, so could you.........
Thanks for the reply VX i think i will give the fuchs a try & see how it goes in my vy, do you know if it comes in a 6L pack ?