Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Movies Coming Out Soon - Now Discussion Thread

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
raj wtf is going on. whose in the anti hulk suit?

marvel released it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
raj wtf is going on. whose in the anti hulk suit?

My guesses: The Hulk is being mind controlled by the Scarlet Witch. The "anti-hulk" iron man is either Tony Stark or a remotely controlled iron man.

I want to know how Ultron is created though. I really hope it's something dark like Tony trying to update Jarvis and it goes wrong.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Tony stark creates him as a way so the Avengers can have a break , then he becomes self aware .

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Also notice how they are playing the song from disneys pinocchio about being let of the strings

A few other comments have noted that the music playing in the background is "I've got no strings on me" from Pinocchio.
In that original Disney movie, Pinocchio is forced to sing that very song on stage as part of a freak show. Now watch the trailer again at (0:32).
Notice how Ultron (looking rather shabby) walks forward onto an open area with what looks like curtains in the background.
The shot cuts to the Avengers all watching this unfold from a balcony above Ultron. It's very much like a staged performance.
This is pretty direct visual nod to "I've got no strings on me" in a trailer which already incorporates verbal and musical cues from the song, strengthening the reference.

"We already know from previous interviews and articles that Stark builds Ultron to give the Avengers a break from saving the world, in other words, a puppet.
The new bit of information we get from this trailer is that Ultron is gonna flip that script on the Avengers. Instead of Ultron being the puppet, he reverses that notion by saying to Stark and Co.
, "You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets, tangled...and with strings". This line is clever in establishing that "strings" to Ultron are motivations, the things that make us tick.
Thor wants to save Jane AND save Nine Realms, Cap wants to preserve liberty AND keep people safe, Stark wants to be a superhero AND a playboy.
As Ultron points out, our countless motivations are oftentimes at odds with each other, leading to a "tangled" situation.
Since Ultron has no moral compass (he's just a computer program) and a singular goal (Stark programmed him to save the planet), he's never "tangled" like us humans (especially individuals like the Avengers with enormous responsibilities).
As Ultron puts it "I've got no strings on me". Its remarkable the twist Whedon put on the Pinocchio theme.
He turns a song originally about being free to pursue a full life (albeit with the dark undertone of naivete and being taken advantage of) and spins the same message into a 3-dimensional motivation for a supervillain like Ultron.
Hats off to Joss."

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I recently saw "The Equalizer", and "The Judge" - both very good.

Regarding other flicks mentioned above -
I saw "Taken", and enjoyed it.
So, I paid my money to see "Taken 2", but there was an enormous plot-hole that ruined it for me.
So, I won't pay for "Taken 3" - I'll get a $1 DVD of it, in Bali, eventually.

I'd like to see "Walk Among the Tombstones" and "Fury".

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Saw Fury last night. Excellent movie, though it gets a little bit slow in places. A Sherman and a Tiger manoeuvring to get inside each other to take the fatal shot was intriguing.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i think somebodys been watching too many liam neeson movies.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Saw Fury last night. Excellent movie, though it gets a little bit slow in places. A Sherman and a Tiger manoeuvring to get inside each other to take the fatal shot was intriguing.

It's Star Wars with the tracers though? Cause I still can't get past that nonsense!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
He turns a song originally about being free to pursue a full life (albeit with the dark undertone of naivete and being taken advantage of) and spins the same message into a 3-dimensional motivation for a supervillain like Ultron.
Hats off to Joss.

It's not new. It's a theme played out again and again in Hollywood. They acknowledge the human problem and are tasked with protecting or saving the world. This has to happen by control of the human problem. iRobot anyone?

Hats off for the adaptation, but not the idea.