Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Movies Coming Out Soon - Now Discussion Thread

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
He didn't call the movie **** nor did he suggest it was supposed to be a documentary. He stated his preference was for a movie that aligned with the book and called it okay. You suggested all that because you DO care so much what other people think, you're easily one of the most argumentative people on this forum, I know because I'm argumentative too.

I thought it was a good watch too but the subject matter is of no interest to me so it's filed away as just another decent flick. I'm sorry for being wrong ;)

(Also sorry if you're a she Eevo).

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
the acting was one dimensional, the movie not even close to faithful to the book, apart from that, an ok movie. the hype is well overrated
Not close to the book?
Yet you missed the errors of the way the flag is passed off at the funeral, the 75th Ranger Regiment guys have Airborne tabs on when they shouldn't, suppressed weapons with muzzle flash. I could go on forever.

I try my best to just enjoy it for what it is, a movie.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Those things are ancillary to the substance of a film.

Hell, almost every action movie I see one second the glass in a car is laminated copping some hits, then suddenly it shatters or flies out of the car even though in reality that's impossible. Computer hackers using GUI even though in reality it's all CLI and stating "I just need 5 more minutes to crack this encryption because it's 512bit SHA2", lol.

You see movie flaws in regards to things you know and like but that doesn't mean you can't emotionality or intellectually connect.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Not close to the book?
Yet you missed the errors of the way the flag is passed off at the funeral, the 75th Ranger Regiment guys have Airborne tabs on when they shouldn't, suppressed weapons with muzzle flash. I could go on forever.

I try my best to just enjoy it for what it is, a movie.

i did notice the tabs and muzzle flash but thats boring talk
i cant recall anything wrong with the flag handover, not that i know much about american military burial procedure.

why base a movie on a book and then not make it about the book.
apart from being long, a film that was accurate to the book would of been a great story.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Started watching the last Hobbit movie, man is it sub par so far, 2:45 of fight scene.

But I am a New Zealander so I had to watch it at some point.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Not close to the book?

The most annoying part for me was Bradley Cooper creating a "vertical recoil" on his suppressed M4 when he was firing. No Navy Seal would shoot like that!

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
im a new Zealander as well but cant see me watching that crap lol.. would rather watch Ketzal Sterling rice out his MR2 on high octane DVDs.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON

Last edited by a moderator:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
gotta admit this is a damn tough movie poster

hyZRLcG.jpg

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I watched American Sniper over the weekend.

I have brought the book as well, waiting for that to arrive.

On true stories like that. I would hope the movie is a very very close adaption. However, fitting what is probably a 20+ hour read into 2 and a half hours is a task and there has to be trade offs.

The ending was a tear jerker and I just read that, that whole situation is playing out in the US this month, I wonder how the movie got released with that outcome still to play out and what bearing the movie has there.

Ive got a close family member who is special operations and is currently on his 3rd deployment in the Middle East. Seeing how Chrisis when he gets back from his second tour, it makes me very grateful when my cousin comes home, he is still himself. But you can see the similarities and it makes me appreciate him (and everyone else in the military) a lot more.