Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MP3 through standard sound system

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
What do you mean exactly by 'RW's tend to play up in most units' ?

THOMMO90

bootlegga
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S II UTE
hey greenbeam,
this mod sound pretty fricken awsum and want to try it out on my vy ute single stacker ASAP!!!
just got a couple questions...
first up... how dose sound go with everything standard example and distortion or any of that?
secondly... i cant properly see where u have soildered the ground wires to the mother board could you please give me a hand!
finally...how easy is it to do for someone who hasnt solidered before?

sorry for being a pain in the ringpiece but this sounds pretty simple and easy just dont wanna fcuk things up!!!!

cheers,
Tom

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Hi - I just did my 2003 VY Calais , as per the instructions & its FANTASTIC!!!!! I had no dramas , but a couple of tips worth listing,
Where it says to cut with tinsnips a piece of the cover out , I found it was better to pick a spot further over near the side where the aerial sockets come out the back , (the calais had 2 aerial sockets , the best area to exit the cable was actually between them both & then as I slid the unit back in I carefully pulled on the cable so it didnt foul on the aerial sockets going back in the cradle. My cable exitted the cradle on the driver side as theres a gap in the cradle that the plug fits thru if you slightly bend the edge of the cradle with a long shaft screwdriver just enough so the plug fits thru. Theres a panel on the driver side of the console (undo 2 screws & it slides down near the driver foot rest, to access where the cable comes out of the cradle). My cable exits just under the bottom panel (Below where the "smokers Pack" is mounted.) I keep it coiled up in that little tray in the console. Make sure you work out where you are going to put the cable & plug before you solder it to the radio unit , because the plug wont fit thru any holes in the cradle & you will end up having to cut the plug off to get the cable thru the back of the cradle. Also be careful when soldering , I used a magnifying light as the terminals are VERY small , use a miniature soldering iron. Also I had trouble downloaduing a 5min blank CD but a mate who was into computers did me one OK. But thanks are deserved for the guy who discovered this mod as its a RIPPER.....

dylanbarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VY S Utility
iPod dock for VY-VZ single stack and 6 stack

I would like to listen to an mp3 player in my acclaim through the sound system.
Have tried one of the FM senders and found it pretty average.
I have heard that there are kits that you can buy/make to plug mp3 through the mobile phone wiring in the car, using the GM connector.

Has anyone used these and if so how good are they, where can I get one - or the recipe for making one?
Thanks in anticipation!

I just recently installed an iPod dock in my VY factory headunit with thanks to these guys (udc.aus - Holden iPod interface). Once the iPod is docked the factoy deck changes to iPod mode and displays the song, artist and album on the stereo LCD. The iPod can also be controlled by the steering wheel buttons and head unit buttons. It is really simple to install and can also work with other MP3 players. The unit is about $350AU.

calais4life

calais4life!
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
u can go 2 srathfield and get a pilt thing that wil get ur ipod workin on the cd player, thts wat i did, i just 4got wat it was ey but wil find out the name for it 2morw!

Ristof

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU S Ute
I just recently installed an iPod dock in my VY factory headunit with thanks to these guys (udc.aus - Holden iPod interface). Once the iPod is docked the factoy deck changes to iPod mode and displays the song, artist and album on the stereo LCD. The iPod can also be controlled by the steering wheel buttons and head unit buttons. It is really simple to install and can also work with other MP3 players. The unit is about $350AU.

Where are these guys located

swordsy00Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
i found an fm modulator at supercheap and installed it inside my head deck with a bit of soldering and double sided tape, couldnt be easier