Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MP3 through standard sound system

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

presage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 Berlina 2003
Message 'CD Error Playing'

Tried the mod and I assume I went wrong somewhere, though not sure where as it looked good.

Now I get the error on the top line 'CD ERROR" and below it it says "PLAYING". unwired the cable and still get error. I never tried actually playing a blank disc or plugging in MP3 player but assume that wouldn't matter. Radio still goes though.

Anyone have any ideas or similar prob.? Or is the head unit a gonna?

Cheers

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
dig_dug.jpg

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Top mod, Ill be very keen to get this done when I pick up my VY.
Is this Phreddy still around?
Has anything changed since 2005 when this was posted?
Any technology updates for an easier way to get aux in the standard blaupunkt unit? :)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Yep - I'm still around.... (a little "rounder" than I was in 2005!) :rofl:

And there are "simpler" ways of getting Aux In to your Blau, the FM modulator devices - but without exception they sound like crap. I've done more than I can count of mods to units where the bloke was using a modulator before, hated it, and got the hardwired mod done - and now enjoy whatever sound quality their player can produce without drop-outs, interference, frequency and dynamic range limitations, and it's not specific to any brand of player. Hell, it doesn't even necessarily need to be a MP3 player - anything with a stereo headphone socket! :thumbsup:

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Yeah Ive heard the FM transmittor things and it sounds shocking.
So is there better ways to do it and keep the quality?

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Are burnt CDs sweet to play through the standard blaupunkt cd player in the vy ss utes?

My mate has a CV8R, VY monaro and when he went to play a burnt cd the ecu shut the car down and he had to take it to holden to fix it.

He does have some crazy holden tracking alarm system on the car so I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Are burnt CDs sweet to play through the standard blaupunkt cd player in the vy ss utes?

My mate has a CV8R, VY monaro and when he went to play a burnt cd the ecu shut the car down and he had to take it to holden to fix it.

He does have some crazy holden tracking alarm system on the car so I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

I've played burnt cd's in my VY S unit, a vz sv6 unit, and a vz calais stacker so i'd be assuming your ss unit would be fine. Stick with CD-R's though, RW's tend to play up in most units i've found.

As for your friend's dilemma that sounds a touch crazy and most likely coincedental - or maybe holden's taken an aggressive stand against piracy?