Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MuckUte's VS Caprice S2

smoknvr:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
that stinger interface is no longer available...just read it on the website you have in your post about your headunit swap...

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
that stinger interface is no longer available...just read it on the website you have in your post about your headunit swap...

Didn't notice that last night. Hopefully i can track on down some where else or find another solution

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Got sick of patchy radio reception so installed a new electric antenna mast, all was good after a bit of work on the gears. Should have just replaced the whole thing.

No news on the CAT10 today, e-mailed the distributor on Wednesday and he is trying to track one down.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Spent some time on the brakes today, when braking heavily the brakes were making a grinding noise. PO seemed to think it was comig from the front, he had replaced the pads but said the rotors were on their way out. Checked them out and rotors are badly scored but not enough meat left to get them machined tho. Will replace them with some slotted ones soon.

Took the back wheels off to find the rear pads almost gone but the rotors must be nearly brand new, had a set of pads that were for when I rebuild the diff for my WB, fitted them and with a few very heavy stops all the noise was gone :)

Also noticed one of the hoses on the fuel filter was leaking so replaced the hoses and the filter (having two cars with similar running gear is starting to pay off) the hose clamps had been done up so tight the rubber hose had been squeezed through the threads of the hose clamp!

Slowly the to-do list is shrinking

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Had a play with the CD changer today, with it not working and all how could I make it worse :bomb:

Pulled all the covers off and found nothing obvious all the circuit boards looked good, then plugged it back in to see what happened. Not knowing what was supposed to go on at startup didn't really know what I was looking at so I just fiddled with all the gears and bugger me it started working!

Turned it off and the laser carrier dropped down to the no1 cd position, turned it back on and back to nothing, wound it up a bit by hand and all was good again so I bet the tab that the stop switch on the laser carrier hits to stop it a bit earlier. Turned off and on, unplugged, eject cd's and all seems good. Gave all the moving parts a bit of a lube. Hopefully it keeps working once it is all back together and in the boot.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Haven't got the changer back in yet but I'm sure it will stop working as soon as it is all bolted back up.

May have found a source for the cat10 just waiting on an email about some details and once I have it then time to look for a new headunit.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
It's been an expensive few days, purchased this stuff on Tuesday

Was just going to do the rotors and pads but when I took the wheel off the front bearings felt a bit rough so had to go back for the new hubs.

Have noticed that when the trans is in 3rd it has a vibration but once it changes to 4th it all goes away, was going to change the fluid but I realy don't think that is going to help. Have done some searching on the net it seems to be something that some people have but no-one realy has a solution for.

Also went to visit my friendly wrecker and picked up a few bits.

Best part he wouldn't charge me. Have to wait a while for him to pull a fuel tank for me tho as mine has rusted on the top.

Thursday was an appiontment for a new set of boots and a wheel alignment, must have been bad because it's much nicer to steer now. They did report that the LHS strut top had some play so that will be next on the list.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
nice wat wat wrong with ur old console ?

It's rough, woodgrain is split between power window switches and the grey part has a some screw holes and all the clips are broken off. Was just going to throw it out.