Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiple problems with my 92 vp wagon

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
glad to hear your problem is solved, honestly; i'd of baught a second hand alternator (well, i actually did..) i got a similiar qoute for a new one, but went and spent $80 on a second handie instead, haven't had an issue since. Are you still having the issue with your electrics? i used to have a similiar problem, as i was driving along, the car would occasionally cut out all electrics, then they'd come back on, then back off.. was VERY confusing lol.. it turned out to be an earth wire, went about bought one for about $20, was about 5 times thicker, and i've secured it bloody well, won't be having that issue again.. good luck with it mate!

TimWalton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Lexcen (VP Commodore) wagon
went and spent $80 on a second handie

I was thinking of doing that at first, but I'd rather have a brand new one that I know will last me for ages than get a second hand one that might break fairly quickly. You seem to have gotten lucky with yours but I didn't really want to take that risk, I wouldn't be able to afford to replace it AGAIN. And as to the issue with the electrics, they're fine now. Everything seems to have cleared up when the new alternator was put in...odd. But anyway, it's all good now and I'm happy :D
Cheers
Tim