Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 1993 VP Berlina BT1

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
Hi all thought id show off my new project i picked up needs TLC but is better than others i have had its a V6 BT1 berlina has elec windows aircon cruise control pwr steering alarm etc i plan to use my rusty VP to fix this BT1 it has only done 257090klm trying to find the build sheet at the moment i know where to look ;) how do i find info on where this car was based?? ie which area i know people can do you ask victoria police ??? anyway here are some photos got it cheap i will update with new photos as i build it will be stock standard no fancy mags or lowered stuff keep it simple might even get lights for the roof and siren as it has most of the wires left for that put it on display as a police car at shows but be able to take lights off for everyday driving :yeah: has had bog used to fill the holes in the roof for the wires to the lights and i need to fix that its a little ruff ...
jelly9.jpg

jelly2.jpg

jelly3.jpg

jelly4.jpg

jelly7.jpg

jelly5.jpg

jelly6.jpg

Enjoy more to come :)

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Sorry to burst your bubble but what you brought was a rebirth.. They did not make a bt1 Berlina and it don't have star headed rivits... :/ Pull the carpet up on the passangers side front floor and look at the build sheet.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
And thats a vn lexcen cluster.. Sorry to say this but its better you know before you spend money on it!

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
its ok HSV5L i do hear your points ;) we got pulled over by police towing this home on the trailer and the cop said its listed as a EX police car not stolen he was checking to make sure it wasn't stolen lol it has its last rego sticker on the window still was only taken off the road in Dec 2011 tags have not been touched there are scratches on the tag at the top of this page after a chain snapped while lifting the dead motor out and the motor hit the firewall and tag its a numbers matching car i should have the build sheet by tomorrow i know the cluster is wrong but i have the correct one to replace it :) its going back on the road anyway as we need a family 5 seat car with a towbar we don't have one :/

Edited to add i have a full rusty vp with strong running gear to drop in this car not spending that much on the car itself as i have good parts to change and swap rego etc will cost the most.

from Wikipedia on VN BT1 mine must have been a low number build every number matches on the car from vin to body all match

Commodore BT1

The Commodore BT1 or the Police Pack was a special pack for the VN Commodore that was available to the Australian and New Zealand Police Forces. Most where executive based models however some BT1 berlina models also exist. Most BT1's where also fitted with a 5.0 litre V8, whilst there is V6 versions too.

The BT1 Commodores standard features supersede and add to those of the Commodore Executive. Although the pack varied in each state, they were commonly fitted with:

5.0-litre 165 kW (221 hp) V8 engine
3.8-litre V6 Engine
4-speed automatic transmission
Engine tuning stage 5
Extractors
FE2 sports suspension
Oil sump protector
Unique instrument cluster
Unique interior lighting
SS exhaust pack
Transmission cooler
Automatic gear selector allows selection of "2" without use of shift lock button
Larger capacity V8 fuel tank
15" steel rims with larger 22mm wheel nuts (larger tyre iron supplied with vehicle)

Last edited:

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info about the bt1's ! But now the only thing thats got me is the pop rivits from 1988 to 2004 they had star heads and yours are just round hard wear ones so yeah let me know how you go with the build sheet cheers Travis :)

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
Yeah i know what your talking about with pop rivits i have seen the star heads i have noticed this car has had a respray of white on the passenger side and front but all numbers match on the car and it last rego plates were issued in 1997 and rego ran out in Dec 2011 due to its motor being dead i plan to pull the carpet up for the build sheet soon when we dry out as you can see from the photos :p or i can go to holden and pay for a reprint of its build sheet and not touch the carpet lol but here are some more random photos of the car and bits that are not on my other vp

1-12.jpg

There is a date and number but my phone camera didn't show it
2-10.jpg

have no idea what the black box is but its not in my other VP
3-9.jpg

map light forgot to take a photo of the other roof light
4-8.jpg

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
The black box will be a bcm for the power options windows etc.

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
ahh ok cool you can't tell i have no idea can ya haha my other VP has normal windows not power windows

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
I now have a worked V6 motor and auto with a shift kit to go in my car plus a power chip extractors and other things can't wait to drop this stuff in the car