Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VZ SS 6L Manual ute! (never dial-up friendly)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
gotta pay to play haha.
plenty of stuff should hold up fine if you aren't abusive to it.

looks like you are now set on which one you are getting.
and yeah the numbers aren't important as long as its fun and has plenty of pull :p

Yeah that's true car is pretty reliable right now and hopefully stay that way. Car has never hit the limiter either, doesn't need to with a good torque down low. My old supercharged 6 hit it all the time (mind you it hit max rpm in like a second it was ridiculous how fast the rpm went up).

I'd just love to get some fast Fridays happening and see how low in the 12s I could run with slicks

I try look after this one

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Only thing that's lurking in my mind is clutch, previous owner put a H-D exedy clutch + flywheel. Should hold a bit of power but if it fails I'll need to get a new clutch and flywheel $$$$

McLeod RXT :p

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
there will always be stories of people saying this is better or another is better.
bit like which is the better icecream flavour. some may have bad experience with chocolate while others swear by it
just pick one and go with the flow :p

Occasionally I drive one with a Tex X grip and it holds up fine.
But it would definitely suck as a daily set up.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Haha well hopefully my clutch holds up, if it doesn't slip at high RPM then it should last a while. The only time it'd get a actual clutch dump would be when i go to the drags so hopefully it can handle the little abuse.

Personally i've heard NPC make a clutch which very pedal friendly but holds alot of power, but hope i don't need to find that out for a while.

My clutch is already pretty heavy, i drove my brothers VS manual for his rego inspection for a day, i hopped back in mine and thought the damn clutch was broken it was so hard hahaha. Just goes to show how you get used it, because it defintely pushes back my legs, especially after gym on leg day :/

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
haha yeah, you definitely get used to them.
remember doing the truck licence with the crash box, Got into the ute later on and was wondering why I couldn't feel the clutch going down. it was already on the floor about to be pushed through into the bay.
almost be worthwhile seeing if there are a few people out there with the different styles that you could give a go.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Haha I heard that years ago. Alot of people still swear by NPC and Texrilla(sp?) too.

Me and Nathvy have them , can hold up to 1000hp and its a duel ceramic clutch , feels almost like a stock clutch and its lighter then my one in the v6 lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Me and Nathvy have them , can hold up to 1000hp and its a duel ceramic clutch , feels almost like a stock clutch and its lighter then my one in the v6 lol

Well that sounds like the go. I like to have a slight bit of heavy-ness to the pedal though, it just feels more reliable haha! Like I said though, hopefully mine holds the power and is all good!

In other news, I've never had one in any car and I thought since I've finally got something worth keeping, i'm going to install a reverse camera.

It's the one to suit my model (Cmos-120 Kenwood), so I will install it this Saturday with my brother.

Should be simple enough, but very long. I've personally never pulled out the tub liner (I know you just bend it in the middle and lift it out after you take out the screws) but wondering what it's like to feed the wiring through the back wall, gotta pull half the car apart again to plug it into the rear of the head unit... much fun.

I'll get pics when it's done, i'm not even sure how to wire up the reverse switch tbh but i'll figure it out. I can wire stereos, surely there's a pos/neg on the reverse switch to hook into. Worst case could hook up to the reverse light wire also I presume.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea I have read into this a little myself. You absolutely can just tap into the reverse light as well. Might be easier seeing as you almost run past it when you running the camera wire to the rear anyway.