Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2009 Holden Calais Sportwagon

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
How about a shark fin or bee sting antenna?

was considering it but have heard that the radio reception and sat nav might suffer from it and because we go on trips every so often im not sure if i should change it. if it was it would be the bee sting.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
GPS reception will not change as the GPS uses the antenna in the demister. But yes there is a drop in the radio however they are only $20 and you can always change it back.
Out of interest do you use your stock GPS? I found the stock units to be almost unusable. If you do wish to see how a shark fin looks check my mods thread.

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i use my stock gps unit a fair bit. only downfall i would say is the lag in the turn by turn instructions/display. other then that its not bad.

ill have a look at your thread. cheers

SSV-AD

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 Ve SSV Sedan
maybe look at painting the wheels black, getting a gxp rear diffuser and a hsv rear muffler (quad tip and will make it a little bit louder) ??

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
maybe look at painting the wheels black, getting a gxp rear diffuser and a hsv rear muffler (quad tip and will make it a little bit louder) ??

will the gxp rear diffuser fit the calais rear bar? im currently looking for some AFM rear mufflers. Wheels painted...havent thought of that but could do when i want a change.

cheers

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
Very nice looking wagon, big improvement aesthetically with those few changes. I am going to lower my wagon and was wondering which springs you were using on yours and if there was any rub when going over bumps or when the boot is loaded with stuff?

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Sits just nice mate , what king springs did you use ? like to get mine exactly the same height. Just perfect imo.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Sits just nice mate , what king springs did you use ? like to get mine exactly the same height. Just perfect imo.

Since ybhve4 has logged into JC since 06-04-2013, at a guess i'd say King Springs Superlows (for V6's) ie:-
FRONT = KHFL-150SSSL (HTG: 370mm)
REAR = KHRL-152SLHD (HTG: 355 mm)
As he was getting a bit of info off simple wagon: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/189627-my-simple-wagon-3.html#post2140497
And from the pics, both wagons look the same ride height.

maybe you could PM simple wagon for more details.

Or PM UFO for more details of his Pedders springs: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/121823-my10-ve-sportwagon-eleanor.html

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Thanks jr , mines a v8 so guess i will get the measuring stick out to check.