Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 5 litre turns over but only fires up if i spray ether into the throttle body seems to have fuel pressure the regulator

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
What have you done about petrol? How much is in the tank and how fresh is it? Petrol degrades over time and may not start the car. If it's the batch from three years ago I suggest you drain as much as you can and fill up with at least 10 litres of fresh fuel before you try and start it again.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Checked for fault codes?

Noid light on injectors for signal?

After that injectors & fuel pressure.

Quick d.i.y suck on vacuum hose to regulator...taste fuel diaphram kaput but usually they're fine.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Those injectors could be a sticky blocked mess or maybe it's just a fuse/regulator. If it fires from another source and you can feel the line pressurise then as Losh said your injectors aren't injecting. Even if the pressure was low and the reg was faulty you'd get some sort of bang, smoke or smell

Also... Ether? For real?

Kunoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5l
Those injectors could be a sticky blocked mess or maybe it's just a fuse/regulator. If it fires from another source and you can feel the line pressurise then as Losh said your injectors aren't injecting. Even if the pressure was low and the reg was faulty you'd get some sort of bang, smoke or smell

Also... Ether? For real?
It was just a can of ( start ya bastard ) that I had there to see if it would fire

Kunoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5l
Thanks for the feedback It'll give these ideas a go on the weekend and let you know either way how I go

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
As mentioned, injectors are likely clogged... electrically fired but clogged so no fuel flows into the intake ports... Blocked injectors really means you should clean out the tank, flush the lines and clean the injectors. Just cleaning injectors may result in teh crud within teh tank and lines clogging them again (old fuel aint great stuff)
Here is one diy injector cleaning method:

This is also am interesting video which touches on a few diagnostics methods (as well as cleaning) which may be relevant:

Last edited:

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
I've only had it for a couple of weeks. The guy I bought it from said it was running three years ago when he bought it. It had no battery or alternator when I bought it I've purchased new ones and fitted them. I haven't put a belt on the alternator yet just attached the wires to turn the engine over. I've also found a broken wire in the harness that comes through the firewall on the passenger side behind the strut tower looks like it might have been chewed. None of the lights indicators radio fan wipers or hazard lights work but the reds light up when I turn the key on and the immobiliser light goes on and off with the key like it should
Might be the important D15/D16 PCM Blue coloured wire for the injectors cut or the A1 Green/White fuel pump relay wire or a few other important ones.

What colour is the wire ????