Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my big whinge about pop music...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
lol, people have done remixes of:

mozart: moonlight
beethoven: 5th symphony, 9th, fur elise.

among others.

i love playing fur elise remix in the car, start off classic, people look at u weird, then it gets into techo and quite a bit of bass.

i listen to all sorts, some stuff is plain crap, other stuff is good, be in oldschool rock or new stuff.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hakhawk said:
lol, people have done remixes of:

mozart: moonlight
beethoven: 5th symphony, 9th, fur elise.

among others.

i love playing fur elise remix in the car, start off classic, people look at u weird, then it gets into techo and quite a bit of bass.

i listen to all sorts, some stuff is plain crap, other stuff is good, be in oldschool rock or new stuff.

Yes but with the radio stations i listen to, and the tv i watch, i never have to hear them.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I think I've heard the Fur Elise remix, realised that they'd turned it from being a 6/8 classical piece into a noisy piece of 4/4 techno and lost all faith in mankind.

There are MANY bands out there today which are just as good as and better than the music our olds used to listen to. They're the bands you DON'T hear on the radio.

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
music these days has gone down the shitter in my opinion. vtjw, the doors and floyd are great and will never be repeated. same as metalica. its just a shame where music is going these days.

ps i HATE punk, rnb and rap covers of old rock songs. why cant they just leave them.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
minux said:
Its like these wankers that did a rap version of redgum's - i was only 19..i've never heard such ****.

I was fukn furious when I heard this... What THE F**K would they know?

This is a poignant and heartfelt reminder of what war is about... Kids these days (myself included) wouldn't have the foggiest clue about conscription, fighting for their country, fighting for their lives, being torn away from their families etc...

this "re-make" is a massacre of a classic track that burns in a lot of Vets veins... My family and a lot of my friends families were active in many of last centuries conflicts and this just makes it all seem like a joke...

end rant/

Some groups do a lot, ie: 90+% of their own tracks, or even full original... Metallia are legends, Slipknot, KoRn (their word up re-make, beat crap out of the original by cameo.. :p ) etc.. and one reason I like original tekno artists, don't laugh.. :p 2 Unlimited, pioneers in hard dance, everything original, their tracks have now become murdered by shitass DJ's... And Ultrasonic... all original except for a re-make of a Phil Collins song...

Yeah, re-make old songs, but at least name it AS that, not trying to pass it off as your own bloody song... and if it's shite, go shoot yourself. :p

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
minux said:
I'll just keep listening to bach, mozart, pacarotti, alfio etc, this way no one makes crappy mixes of them ;)

Listen to Thicke - When I get you alone..

A rap song with Bethoven.. It's an abomination..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
The worst is Madonna's rendition of American Pie.. I was with a new chick in my car, Don Mcleans American Pie came on.

She's like, ohh this song, Madonna sung this..

I was spitting chips..

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
lmfao! I HATE that!

old artist who MADE the song gets forgotten, and mostly yuong people, are like, oh yeah, this is by so and so... Argh!